No announcement yet.

Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITB K videos are all over youtube if you want your fix of the sound. Problem is most of them have a loud exhaust and that's definitely not a Honda strong suit.

Induction noise though, it's hard to get that wrong
    The First Shake Down with the new ITB Setup. Sound and Throttle Response is Amazing... Turn Up Your Volume and Enjoy... Thanks For Watching !!

Timed lap at the Tor Poznan race track during Mazdaspeed time attack event.This time i did put a separate microphone on the rear bumper next to the exhaust. ...

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      is getting through the ref part of the plan? interested to see how you execute that if so.
      Registered in Rhode Island - you can do whatever you want if it's over 25 years old.
      Originally posted by Sladek View Post
      oh shit!! did you Fab everything yourself I assume?
      I started before Garagistic and KTuned had started their kits, so it's all custom. 4Piston fucked me over and took 3 times as long as they quoted to build my engine, so I'm behind where I wanted to be as far as getting it running. There's some pics of the progress on my build thread if you wanted to see more.

Byron
      Leichtbau

Comment

Everyone wants an itb K haha

Me too, for my faux m3
        Hank Ahrens
        1984 Alpine Coupe
        1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
          Registered in Rhode Island - you can do whatever you want if it's over 25 years old.
          i have got to get a secondary business address in nevada, damnit. idle/2500 test like california used to do. sniffer is not the part i worry about.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Just set up an LLC in Montana - that seems to be how a bunch of people do it. I also looked in to registering with Vermont. It's all done by mail, and they give zero Flarks about your actual location as long as you pay the tax on it.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Inyo county in California is smog exempt I believe, though i'm sure they can still get you for modified intakes ETC.
              91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Damn I should register my car somewhere else. Have you heard of the CHEATERS program? It's just rude if you ask me
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                  Damn I should register my car somewhere else. Have you heard of the CHEATERS program? It's just rude if you ask me
                  *MILLIONS* in revenue per year? A) Bullshit. B) They're parasites and don't deserve that money anyway

And absolutely 100% agree, mind yo dam business.

Comment

I was reading what you guys were saying about registering out of state and thinking you're nuts. The CA gov't wants "their" money and will seize your stuff and make you pay. They're totally out of line over there.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                      ITB K videos are all over youtube if you want your fix of the sound. Problem is most of them have a loud exhaust and that's definitely not a Honda strong suit.

Induction noise though, it's hard to get that wrong
                      The First Shake Down with the new ITB Setup. Sound and Throttle Response is Amazing... Turn Up Your Volume and Enjoy... Thanks For Watching !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uHa3RpGb1k
                      Ive only ever found really loud all motor civic's with them.

How disgustingly awesome would a DTM M3 replica be using a built K24 motor. adapt a carbon DTM airbox to K24 ITB's, and use one of those super nice carbon fiber kits that come from Europe. The purist inside me say no but it would be as close to a DTM car as ill ever get.
                      91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

I was reading what you guys were saying about registering out of state and thinking you're nuts. The CA gov't wants "their" money and will seize your stuff and make you pay. They're totally out of line over there.

I'm guessing that's why the LLC route is more popular. It's no different then trucking companies having all their vehicles registered in a different state, even if they have a fleet based in another state, it's not technically illegal, they can't tell you your out of state business MUST be based in your home state. Though I'm sure they'd try.. (I have to deal with California for business tax/ownership issues, and they are nutty Cuckoo!)
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                          I finally got my engine and throttles from 4Piston, I hope to have it running in about a month.

outstanding!
                          88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

You can get away with this if you have a valid out of state license, address and write the chp a convincing letter.

Been doing this for years while also holding a Cali plate car and Cali address.

The chp cant tell you what state you live in or what state your cars are going to and from.

In this swap instance I’m much more interested in k24 Cali legal bar ok installation. Will do what it takes to make a legal k24 swap happen; it’s emissions system are relatively simple and shared with many other Honda’s. The fuel tank needs a pressure sensor; and the charcoal canister with its components need to be hooked up; the insight/ s2k/ civic all share emissions component dna.
                            OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                              In this swap instance I’m much more interested in k24 Cali legal bar ok installation. Will do what it takes to make a legal k24 swap happen; it’s emissions system are relatively simple and shared with many other Honda’s. The fuel tank needs a pressure sensor; and the charcoal canister with its components need to be hooked up; the insight/ s2k/ civic all share emissions component dna.
                              Well that's good to know. All you need now is some way to do a CA compliant rwd intake and header. According to speed academy on youtoob s2k headers *sort of* work, might be able to fudge that enough to pass BAR...
                              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                              X