Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    Why not the K-series? No properly configured catalyst because it's FWD only?
    Bingo. As far as I can tell F20c headers have to cats so we can use whatever we want for our swap in California. RWD intake and Honda transmission helps alot aswell.
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Very useful document for BAR legalization in California.

I found this pertaining to using a OBD2 motor in a non OBD2 chassis (K swap)

The donor engine must be in a stock certified configuration, and support all the certified OBD-II functionality
      • Modifications of the intake and exhaust system are permissible only if necessary to accommodate the packaging of the vehicle and only if they do not affect the functionality of the systems
      • The transmission and evaporative systems will be allowed to remain in the recipient vehicle configuration, but must function appropriately
      Page 5 on this PDF from the PDF
      The page you are looking for could not be found. The page may have been moved or deleted.

Reading this aftermarket intake seem ok as long as you don't delete any emission devices. Perhaps custom Exhaust manifolds with welded on cats would pass too.
      91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

You can use a stock s2000 intake manifold with a JSP adapter.

https://jspfab.com/products/jsp-k-se...ntake-manifold

Modifications doesn't necessarily mean after market. You would most likely be better off using an actual Honda intake manifold.
        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Or probably an aftermarket one that has gone through the CARB cert process and has the ever important sticker to prove it.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
            Or probably an aftermarket one that has gone through the CARB cert process and has the ever important sticker to prove it.
            None available. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dont take my word for any of this cali legalization stuff.

Below are the oem manifold for a TSX its good news because there is no catalytic converter built in, they are in the actual exhaust pipes.

18100RBB010

04-08 TSX-Exhaust Manifold

The way I think BAR laws work is you can modify pretty much anything along as you retain all the factory emissions equipment in there positions. this is why you can BAR a M50 swap but not a M54 swap in California.

M50

M54/M52

So for Honda swaps The F20 should work with its RWD exhaust and intake.

For the K series perhaps mounting F20 headers ( oem honda parts)
              ex:

ex:
              https://www.balladesports.com/produc...anifold-header
              91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
                None available. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Fwd version wouldn’t work? Don’t mind me, I don’t know anything about these motors.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                  Fwd version wouldn’t work? Don’t mind me, I don’t know anything about these motors.
                  Fwd manifold puts the throttle body pointing towards the firewall. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

any real updates on this? while California smog stuff is interesting and I've learned a lot since it doesn't apply to me I could care less lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sladek View Post
                      any real updates on this? while California smog stuff is interesting and I've learned a lot since it doesn't apply to me I could care less lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Same. Starting to source parts for my swap. K24a8 and s2k 6 spd so far. My intention is to give it some boost. :)

Comment

Any word on K24W with direct injection?

The factory turbo K's of the last couple of years are closing in on 300 HP.

Reasonably informative articles on K-series variants:
                        Specs of the Honda K20A, K20Z and K20C engines, how good they are, differences between them, problems and ways of resolving them. How to make a K20 faster, how to build a turbo and get 400 WHP.

The difference between Honda K24A,K24Z, K24W and K24Y engines, their specs, problems and reasons. List of cars with these engines. How to build a powerful K24 turbo or non-turbo, ways of achieving 400 WHP and more.
                        Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 09-13-2019, 07:24 AM.

Comment

This question is of topic but is anyone else having the same problem as me I can’t see any photos posted in the forum? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And does anyone have any supercharger ideas ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                              Any word on K24W with direct injection? The factory turbo K's of the last couple of years are closing in on 300 HP. Reasonably informative articles on K-series variants: http://mywikimotors.com/honda-k20a-k20c/ http://mywikimotors.com/honda-k24a-k24z/
                              The ilx motors look interesting; intake and exhaust are flipped and the motor itself is more efficient Nobody has swapped one of the direct injection k motors into a Honda yet; as soon as that happens it should be figured out. Only Cali-bar legal ok Honda swap for a e30 will be a complete f20c/f22c. Simply because the manifolds work for rwd Realistically this isn’t a bad situation at all because the f20c/22c just rips, s2000 gearbox bolts to it and is awesome.
                              OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post

Any chance you will be bringing either of the cars to e30 Octoberfest?
                                No, we just don't have time. Maybe next year
                                1993 BMW 850ci factory 6 speed
                                1992 Honda Civic Hatch, built B16, turbo, and nitrous
                                1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap
                                1989 Honda CRX, built LS/vtec, turbo, and nitrous

Comment

Working...
                                X