Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
    Looks like another K swap kit might appear for the E30! exciting times.

https://youtu.be/LWKspve-dF8?t=366
    looks like they have a oil pressure problem like everyone else except us

first batch of f20c jumpers are done and the prototype K is off to Rywire so we can start production on those

1993 BMW 850ci factory 6 speed
    1992 Honda Civic Hatch, built B16, turbo, and nitrous
    1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap
    1989 Honda CRX, built LS/vtec, turbo, and nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by Fucatypr View Post

first batch of f20c jumpers are done and the prototype K is off to Rywire so we can start production on those
      They fixed the oil pressure issue by increasing capacity. The s13/s14 pre order from them is live. It does seem to be a feat to maintain proper oil pressure when you push the engine as close as you can to the firewall. Sliding the engine forward would be the easiest answer to this.

Comment

anyone have updates? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fucatypr View Post

They were also testing it on the track in a car with a grip car. So their conditions are more than just a simple testing.

are you guys coming out with a pan at all or can post photos of what you found works?
          Originally posted by Good & Tight
          It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

so stoked for this swap to be common and 'boring'

Comment

We are finally at Bimmerfest!! After a ton of work in the last few days leading up to Bimmerfest, we finally made it and it was all worth it. Thank you to ev...

Short blurb about the Garagistic k e30

Comment

K Miata just released a photo of their car in its final stages. Winning

Originally posted by Good & Tight
                It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
                  K Miata just released a photo of their car in its final stages. Winning

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7E1gskH...d=jhnmmu0frmun
                  "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Sweet. I want to see it in an early 318 with manual everything. Would be a fun car.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 1-26

Comment

Anyone know if you’re able to fit a K24 and still retain both power steering and A/C. I’m still not entirely sure if I want to go K24 or F20/22C. Either way I plan on using the S2000 6 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                        Sweet. I want to see it in an early 318 with manual everything. Would be a fun car.
                        thats happening. its quite a sexy little 318 also...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle90 View Post
                          Anyone know if you’re able to fit a K24 and still retain both power steering and A/C. I’m still not entirely sure if I want to go K24 or F20/22C. Either way I plan on using the S2000 6 speed.
                          Might as well just get an s2000 while you're at it... What's the point of putting an s2000 engine/driveline in an e30? Seems like an s2000 does literally everything an e30 can, except better.
                          "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

I agree. An M42, M44, or S14 fits so nicely in an E30, so it doesn't make much sense to me to put a Honda engine in one. A stock M42 or M44 is plenty powerful for everyday driving, but can be built-up or boosted if necessary.
                            Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

shoo shoo, purists K and F series blow M4X out of the water in all respects and a stock F2XC blows an S14 out of the water for a fraction of the price.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 1-26

Comment

I still have dreams about the engine/transmission that I had in my '01 s2000. Nothing beats an engine that screams to an 8800 rpm redline coupled to one of the smoothest transmissions I've ever experienced and is dead reliable. I beat on that car, bouncing it off the redline for 100k miles all the time and sold it with a still healthy engine at 150k miles. It would be a blast to have that platform in an e30 and have back seats.
                                Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                                COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X