No announcement yet.

Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus, an F swapped E30 is lighter than an S2000...

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

I’m 6’5 so no way I’m fitting in an s2000. I’m also not looking for a 2 seater convertible. The way I’ll be building this car it’ll be a few hundred lbs lighter than a s2000.

Comment

F series motors are going the way of the S14 motors. They are no longer factory produced so that in combination with having a habit of dropping valves or spinning bearings, the finite supply of F series motors has already started driving up prices. Luckily the K motors can pick up most of that slack, especially with a proper build or any form of forced induction

Comment

My father got one of the first (actually THE first one from Hendrick Honda) S2000 cars and I drove it hard enough to break the transmission mounts. But, I do not see that engine in a e30.

having said that, I agree that it is a blast to drive. It is also a complete dog around town in traffic. Ive never had to endure an M40 or 42 around town on a daily basis but I can easily see that with A/C on it would be insufferable.

but, carry on with your projects, it is wonderful to see.
          My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
          I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Don't really get why anyone in this thread would argue against the merits of it. There are obviously so many ways to build a car. If you're not into this idea--why not just go talk about something you are interested in somewhere else? There is clearly enough interest to merit these builds and kmiata should be thanked for all the r&d they're doing for the community.

Comment

For those that are building the K swapped e30, what is the trans of choice? I would assume the majority are using the getrag 260. Is anyone using a different trans? I would think that a newer trans would have better design and/or be able to keep up with high rpm K engine shifts.

Comment

Originally posted by jbontke View Post
                For those that are building the K swapped e30, what is the trans of choice? I would assume the majority are using the getrag 260. Is anyone using a different trans? I would think that a newer trans would have better design and/or be able to keep up with high rpm K engine shifts.
                S2k Trans.

Comment

Originally posted by jbontke View Post
                  Looking at a Mazda RX8 6 speed for mine

Comment

Using a ZF 6 speed from an e46 ZHP
                    Byron
                    Leichtbau

Comment

Thought I'd post this up here since I just came across it, K20 powered E30, a bit over 2000lbs.
                      Build here: https://www.facebook.com/Projekt-E30...1179014893160/
                      Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuG8SC62voo
                      Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeA...xXzuky6JX5Be6Q

Pretty sick.

Comment

Anyone follow that Grassroots Motorsports project 318is?
                        Basically, they took a derelict, neglected 318is and had the engine rebuilt by Metric Mechanic, rebuilt the suspension, brakes, etc and their goal was to make it as quick as a stock e30 M3 on the track. They didn't do any of the common mods like lollypop swaps, coilovers, big brakes, etc, but kept things relatively tame; 15" 4 lug wheels, stock brakes with Akibono pads and steel braided lines, Powerflex bushings, Ground Control adjustable camber plates, limited slip diff, Eibach Pro-Plus kit with Koni dampers. The car is almost as quick around VIR as the M3.

Kind of blown away by what they achieved with that car. Not cheap at around $20k invested (the engine was big $$$, the interior, paint and PDR) but it's super nice.

They chassis dynoed the car @143whp and 130lb/ft torque. We need more K24 swaps!

Comment

cool story
                          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Hey guys, just wanted to share a long overdue update on our project. From our Facebook page today:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7472.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	9907758

Name:	IMG_7473 (1).jpg
Views:	739
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	9907761

Name:	IMG_7474.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	9907759

Name:	IMG_7475.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	9907760

Our K24 E30 engine bay is 99% complete and we couldn't be happier with the end result! We have been getting flooded with emails and phone calls about E30 parts lately, so here are answers to the most common questions:

1) Our goal is to have the complete swap package for the E30 available in the first half of 2020.

2) Pricing has not been released yet, but the fact that the stock E30 crossmember is retained will help keep costs down.

3) No, we don't have any pre-production parts for sale. Everything will be thoroughly tested on track before production begins.

4) No details on E36 swap parts yet.

Thanks for your interest and your patience!
                            David Calzada
                            KMiata Inc.
                            KMiata.com

Comment

With all that development time, did nobody question the idea of running the intake tube right behind a radiator?

That engine looks nice in there though. Good job
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Your Miata roots are showing with that intake
                                Byron
                                Leichtbau

Comment

Working...
                                X