Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
    This is really interesting. What concerns me about these custom swaps though is the ease of getting replacement parts. For example, let's say there's a limited run of conversion parts made. Then down the line you crack the oil pan and you're out of luck. So here's my suggestion: Make the oil pan a 2-piece like on a stock E30 4-cylinder engine and make it so the lower pan is an off-the-shelf item, such as the M42 lower pan. That way if you break it, which we know will happen on lowered E30s, you can quickly get a cheap replacement. So that's why my preference always goes to engine swaps that use off-the-shelf parts.
    Or just buy a skid plate or include one in the swap kit.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

I think we have been tarnished by constantly dealing with low oil pans. Maybe the swap will actually allow ample clearance with their pans so we wont have our normal past issues.
      Originally posted by Good & Tight
      It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

Just don't make the car so damn low. Being low enough that the oil pan is constantly at risk is silly and it compromises handling, especially with the E30's primitive rear suspension. Or, as above, get a skid plate.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW92DM8nQtQ antipurist got a new video up.

Comment

Kmiata made a post today that they are finally finished with track testing their kit. The do not have availability just yet; but this is an awesome step forward.
            Originally posted by Good & Tight
            It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

Curious to see how the ZF will sit in the e30 chassis with the KMiata engine mounts...

Depending on the fitment we may very well be able to maintain the stock e30 trans cross member, shift carrier, selector joint, 187mm rod, whole e30 driveshaft (minus trans output flange and guibo), etc. that most of us probably already have. If it reaches this level of plug-n-play then it might be more affordable than a thorough 24v swap...
              Last edited by Zambuzan; 06-08-2020, 11:03 AM.
              "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Hey Guys! We're super excited with this project! Figuring out how the K24 mated to the stock e30 m20 transmission will fit, oil pan clearance, and engine fit...

Denver Beer & Oil enter the market!

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
                  Kmiata made a post today that they are finally finished with track testing their kit. The do not have availability just yet; but this is an awesome step forward.
                  I saw this and I am very excited.
                  Originally posted by blunttech
                  Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                  :shock:

Comment

Exciting times.
                    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

We need updates, i need a kswap in my life

Comment

I saw Antipurist have engine mounts, crossmember, and engine wiring harness coming out as a kit (via Instagram). I asked if the mounts would be compatible with my K24, but naw- wrong mounting holes.

Comment

88 likes, 23 comments - 625Inc (@625inc) on Instagram: "Who is ready for some F20c kits?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                            I'm well on my way to a K20 with twin scroll EFR7163 swap into my E36. I'm using the KMiata transmission adapter kit with a ZF.
                            Awesome. The e36 is a great platform for the kseries. I recently deleted my instagram but I was following a guy in europe with a turbo k20 e36. He took it on the nurburgring and it looked like a riot

Comment

Just receive an email from kmiata with this to say about the kwap:E30 K swap parts and other big changes!

It's no secret that we're now expanding beyond the Miata chassis. Expect a big announcement next month about some exciting changes taking place.

We've been getting constant emails and phone calls about our new E30 K swap packages, so here's an update:
                              • We've been thoroughly testing our K24 swapped E30 at tracks all over the Midwest, including NCM, Gingerman, Putnam Park, and Autobahn.
                              • Since the car is fully sorted and way too much fun, we've already begun production on swap parts!
                              • Expect an official release of this product before the end of the summer, which will include all details, pricing, and availability.

Comment

Originally posted by rover215 View Post
                                I saw Antipurist have engine mounts, crossmember, and engine wiring harness coming out as a kit (via Instagram). I asked if the mounts would be compatible with my K24, but naw- wrong mounting holes.
                                no crossmember changes are needed and that picture is of the f20c mounts
                                1993 BMW 850ci factory 6 speed
                                1992 Honda Civic Hatch, built B16, turbo, and nitrous
                                1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap
                                1989 Honda CRX, built LS/vtec, turbo, and nitrous

Comment

Working...
                                X