No announcement yet.

Too damn early ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't agree more. The only time to wake up early on the weekend is when you're at the track, and I still hate waking up for that. Can it be cars and lunch? Maybe start around noon? Cars and cocktails could be cool in the evening, probably too much liability though.

Comment

George, even my 8 year old gets up at 6am (I don't make him - he sets his own alarm, lol).

The early bird gets the work.. er, worm.. is all....
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
        What’s wrong George, that Matlock marathon keep you up past 8pm last night or are you afraid of missing the price is right in the morning.

Normal folks don’t eat dinner at 4pm George.
        The fact that you referenced Matlock already gave yourself up as an old geezer :p

Literally, I bet 50% of the active members on this forum have no clue who or what Matlock is. But i do. :(
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The guys with careers that afford them nice cars and want to show them off are likely type A workaholics that get up at 5 am everyday. My mom works with oncologists that have daily 6 am meetings, same for a lot of engineers at my old job. My dad has been getting up at 6 his whole life - he 'sleeps in' until 8 on the weekends, maybe.
          My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            George, even my 8 year old gets up at 6am
            Yea, cause he's a kid, and goes to bed at 8pm ;) I'd wake up early too, if my biggest job of the day was coloring inside the lines. ;) Know what I mean?

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Do porsche guys even rip canyons? I see more civics whipping it up out there than porsches...
            With the price of air-cooled p-cars more than a e30m3(or so), I guess not. Heck, 356's are musume species.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I feel it. I'm up at 5:15am on the weekends because I work in the morning. I can't even go the the car show if I want to. I've never been to a cars and coffee with the local E30 group because everyone is long gone by the time I get out of work.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

You can always plan one yourself.
                Originally posted by Sonny
                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Eh I am with George. At the ripe age of 34 I rarely sleep in on the weekends anymore. I want to, but usually I just wake up. Its nice though, I'll cook a good breakfast and then nurse a cup of coffee while lounging around and reading some stuff online. A few hours later around 11am I start my day. Anything before 11am on the weekend is something to do, while anything in the afternoon or later is an event.

Also, to an earlier post in the thread... who the hell drinks beer before noon? What are you 19?
                  E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
                    Also, to an earlier post in the thread... who the hell drinks beer before noon? What are you 19?

Everyone knows civilized folks only drink champagne/mimosas in the morning. Unless you're still going from the previous night...
                    sigpic
                    1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

I’m assuming you mean me since I’m the only one who mentioned beer.

No, I’m 45. My response was to:

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                      I'll be there at 3pm when the BBQ is warming up. Know what I mean?

I’m pretty sure everyone knows when you’re running the BBQ you need beer to stay hydrated. That’s just common sense.

Comment

Honestly with the shit traffic in NY you want to be at your destination early and out early too otherwise the ride home doubles in time. It sucks being a car guy living in a congested city.

Waking up early is good for ya anyhow... you get more shit done.
                        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
                          I’m assuming you mean me since I’m the only one who mentioned beer.

No, I’m 45. My response was to:

I’m pretty sure everyone knows when you’re running the BBQ you need beer to stay hydrated. That’s just common sense.
                          I see... haha yeah I read your comment wrong
                          E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

I see... haha yeah I read your comment wrong

Probably still rubbing the sleep outta your eyes. Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                              Honestly with the shit traffic in NY you want to be at your destination early and out early too otherwise the ride home doubles in time. It sucks being a car guy living in a congested city.

Waking up early is good for ya anyhow... you get more shit done.
                              yeah I get anxious if I dont start my day by 9 on the weekends. And getting up earlier just means you beat traffic.
                              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

#Datcitylife -_-

NY doesn't do it for me anymore
                                IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
                                X