Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    June 2, 2018 was a Saturday, no?

Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

2:23 am and looking through a telescope after an AWESOME father's day.

...what is "time" again?
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
        Is a mimosas a girl drink?
        Pfft, of course not!!!
        Please Like and Subscribe for more content."Morning Mimosa" - Season 12, Episode 8Check out my playlists of every Season!
        Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 06-18-2018, 01:04 AM.
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
          I now have brain cancer. Thanks.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Comment

I now have brain cancer. Thanks.
              Time to rake in that sweet GoFundMe money I suppose.

Comment

Good idea. We could do a two for one go-fund-me. "Help fix George's brain cancer, AND help Luke get his business back on track!"

Although, I assume the cancer would take me before that ever happened.

PS: Mr Rockafella - this one is for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeiSx5MNDvg
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Wow, thank you for that Mr. Graves.
                  I can honestly say I've never seen that before (live a very sheltered life...for good reason).

Comment

I have the same gripe about track days starting early. Many people have a few hour drive just to get to the track. My home track of Nelson Ledges and PittRace are only 35 minutes away, but Mid-Ohio is a 1.5 hour drive. Advanced group is always on track at 8:00am. That means a lot of times you have to be up at 4:15-4:30 because you have to drive there, unload the car and gear, then go to the mandatory meeting before you go out. I've always thought it would be a lot better to push it back an hour to ensure drivers have more time to get sleep and a proper breakfast before driving a car at 100+ MPH.

Comment

Originally posted by spanish pants View Post
                      Where is Cars and Coffee in TO anyway? Please don't say Woodbridge.
                      Engineered Automotive in Vaughn...

Not Woodbridge, same same but different though.
                      Steve • Toronto
                      1991 318is • Brillantrot
                      Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
                        I have the same gripe about track days starting early. Many people have a few hour drive just to get to the track. My home track of Nelson Ledges and PittRace are only 35 minutes away, but Mid-Ohio is a 1.5 hour drive. Advanced group is always on track at 8:00am. That means a lot of times you have to be up at 4:15-4:30 because you have to drive there, unload the car and gear, then go to the mandatory meeting before you go out. I've always thought it would be a lot better to push it back an hour to ensure drivers have more time to get sleep and a proper breakfast before driving a car at 100+ MPH.
                        Those are some awesome home tracks! The new PIRC is so much fun.
                        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Signs and symptoms of SAD may include:

Having low energy
                          Having problems with sleeping
                          r3v dad busting your balls.
                          FTFY
                          2man is the most dadest of dads on this forum
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Or spend the night at a hotel/motel/VRBO near the track...?
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I rent a hotel, or tent it when it's cool enough. Most tracks have public showers even.

I hit Sebring (2.5hr away), Homestead (1.25hr), Daytona (5hr), and Road Atlanata (9hr). The only one worth driving to in the A.M. is Palm Beach (1hr), but the closest hotel is 30min away, so it's a wash really.

I was an official for NASA for 4yr, and there's no way you could fit everyone's session in (generally 4 groups, 4 sessions/day multiplied by 30min, plus 30min lunch) and be finished at a reasonable hour. We would be gridding cars at 7:30 for the 8am group and the last group finishes at 5:30, then trophy's/dinner etc, not many go to bed before 4 digits hit the clock. Then add time for the officials to be putting cones/banners/signs up before the event, then taking them down after. :/
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

For folks that don't like the early starts endurance racing is the way to go. Drive to the track, sleep overnight, race during the day/evening and don't fully sack out until you are at home at like 2AM Monday morning.

Chump/AER/Lemons is fairly cheap considering the amount of track time per $.

Comment

Working...
                                X