Did Turner buy ECS Tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
    they bought their inventory, I don't believe they acquired them like Turner though. Wicked shitty, that place was great to the e30 community in New England. I'm gonna miss all the meets they had up there and being able to pick up parts same day
    I hope that is the case. I was never a BavAuto customer, so I didn't really have skin in their success, but I don't like seeing an enthusiast run business close it's doors. It may seem counterintuitive to support the competition, but the more good people that are out there supporting the community the better.

Originally posted by digger View Post
    Have you guys allowed intentional orders direct from website yet?
    Last time I couldn't even get it shipped to my freight forwarder in the US as the credit card was non US.
    Not on the current site, but the new site that is launching very soon will have that ability. We ship to Australia all the time though, so if you need anything don't hesitate to shoot us an email and we can take care of you directly.
    Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Haha, never saw this coming... nope. This isn't "spur of the moment", this is "pre-planned to appear "spur of the moment"".

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

This is some messed up shit.
        » PARTS FOR SALE
        » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Holy fuck..........wow
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Must have run out of cash. I’ve been through that sort of thing before. It’s brutal, even for the owners.
            Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
            1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
            Palm Beach County

Comment

Yeah I am really irked at the Bavauto thing, purely for selfish reasons. I bought a set of bilsteins for the e30 like 10 years ago, and I need to have one of them fixed by bilstein and of course I need a receipt of the original purchase. Can't just call up bavauto now and get it.
              E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                This isn't "spur of the moment", this is "pre-planned to appear "spur of the moment"".
                ...wow

Comment

I wonder if any sort of anti-trust litigation will be in the pipeline...
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I doubt it. Still way too many players in the arena.
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Horrible, I did not need to read this thread. Loved buying from Turner solid customer service in my experience. My experience with ecs has been decent but we shall see going forward.

Comment

A lot of states started to do a reciprocal sales tax on online purchasing regardless if the business has a location in the state it sells too. I know ECS are collecting it, FCP not yet as well as some other smaller vendors. I hate to say it but Bmw dealer’s prices are looking very competitive now...if one buys OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's rare that a business will close its doors "spur of the moment" as you don't run out of cash in a day. It's months of stretching payables, renegotiating with banks, shaving expenses to the bone etc etc. if it was a buyout it was poorly handled as you don't tell your employees youve sold if youre going out of business if you.

If they voluntarily shut it down, as in they were in control not the creditors, it more likely means they were losing money, had a good run and decided to call it a day rather than to put more cash back in the business. In that which case it makes sense to call ECS and sell the inventory and then probably the real estate and move to the Caymans.
                          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                          Alice the Time Capsule
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                            Haha, never saw this coming... nope. This isn't "spur of the moment", this is "pre-planned to appear "spur of the moment"".

There's some simple facts, which are well known for anyone local in New England.

1)Their "showroom" has been empty/devoid of product for a long time.
                            2)The move to make "show and shine" an every-other year event was an indicator that the expense of the event was unsustainable vs revenues
                            3)Bav has had financial challenges since they built their large facility years ago.
                            4)They were slow to advance with the changing times (E-commerce)
                            5)They did not issue discounts, to anyone. Commercial, wholesale, resellers, etc. So that eliminated a whole market "segment" of clients.
                            6)They were over extended, creditors came calling and said enough is enough. Maybe management (ownership) thought they could still "make it work" right up until they couldn't.

The founders of Bav had other companies, also housed within the same warehouse.

When the bank(s) knew they were calling the note(s), it's not hard to envision they are going to proactively identify purchasers to take inventory off their hands immediately. (Cash in, vs. holding cost) So who do you call to take the inventory??? Probably an equity firm (parent company) with multiple wholesale outlets (IE: ECS/Pelican/etc.).

So before we villify or make claims it's maliciously or subversively planned... it may be prudent to wait until real details of the situation emerge.
                            Last edited by UNHCLL; 03-17-2019, 05:35 PM. Reason: Corrected my grammar
                            Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post

So before we villify or make claims it's maliciously or subversively planned... it may be prudent to wait until real details of the situation emerge.
                              does it really matter? Business model of 21st century....look what Amazon is doing. Small guy has to realy find his niche or he stands no chance. Bavauto really struggled with e-commerce and it's totally understandable why. Catalog order days are long gone....

Let's face it, if small guy can't offer competitive prices, they will have very hard time. In the end of the day, people will try to save $1 and risk a possible hassle. Shitty packaging, messed up orders....don't worry, paypal is offering buyer protections (is this why a middle man paypal is doing so well)?
                              Last edited by zaq123; 03-17-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

If there are those who somehow believe the idea that ECS just stepped in to buy BavAuto's inventory after hearing they were "going under"..... well, hey you do you.

So today's announcement...… the finishing stroke of a controlled PR campaign to minimize PR fallout by distracting people from what actually happened (a buy-out just like Turner and Pelican). Marketing students, if you want a good case-study in corporate PR, it doesn't come better than this. I've done enough in corporate marketing to call it like I see it.

Once again, nothing against ECS directly, however the profits from my parts dollars will be supporting fellow enthusiasts and their businesses (BluntTech, Guten Parts, Ireland Eng, Bimmerworld, etc.), NOT going to have those dollars go to a investment firm intending to corporatize my hobby.
                                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
                                X