No announcement yet.

Trying to choose a car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of those options blow my skirt up. The S2K is always nice, but I'm not a roadster guy myself.

E30 all day. And yeah you might be looking for a while until the perfect example shows up.
    90 Bronzit 325is
    16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      An E82 is a nice car but it's also a modern BMW with an N55 and from what I've been told it has all of the same problems as the N54, which is quite a few.
      I don't know if that's accurate. While I'm sure it's true they can both have the types of issues that are common to FI powerplants, I was told in no uncertain terms by a friend and current dealer tech (who is also a member here) that the N55 is far more reliable than its predecessor.
      Last edited by agent; 04-11-2019, 11:15 AM. Reason: grammar
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Seems like r3v has spoken here, hope you deliver on the S2K OP.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Seems like r3v has spoken here, hope you deliver on the S2K OP.

Well, we should be helping him find an E30 before he does something smart and buys a Honda. Who wants a car that is powerful AND reliable... psh
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

My vote is E34 M5. That will be my next car purchase.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Who wants a car that is powerful AND reliable... psh
              Nowhere in that sentence do I see "fun/enjoyable" mentioned.
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

S2k’s are the gey. E34 m5 or ban.

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
                90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
                87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
                90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
                87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
                71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

I owned a E34 M5. Bought a stock 86-ES the day after I sold it. I was happier with the eta....

Stanley if powerful doesnt translate to fun in Canadian, then Maybe I shouldve described it as a blast of maple syrup to the face at 9000rpms (ok 8200RPMs bcuz AP2)
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Stanley if powerful doesnt translate to fun in Canadian, then Maybe I shouldve described it as a blast of maple syrup to the face at 9000rpms (ok 8200RPMs bcuz AP2)
                    :nice:

I also agree with you on the 86es. Still sometimes wish I kept it.
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I have heard the same thing, that the N55 is far more reliable than the N54, since they changed injectors and some other design elements. From perusing the 1-forum, the 135 owners love their cars.

I do like the E34 M5. Basically a bigger E30 M3, handles well when lowered and fun to rev out.

The S2000... also fun to rev, but I wonder about (a) the usability of it, with the power at the very very top of the rev range (even more so than an S38), and (b) I drive a lot of canyon roads, and the S2000 seems to have a reputation for getting tail happy with dynamic suspension changes. The roads I drive are twisty, and there is a lot of switching back and forth between hairpins and sweepers, off-camber vs banked, etc. I wonder if the S2000 is a car that will bite you if you’re not careful, or if you have to get into an emergency braking situation while transitioning between corners and upsetting the suspension.... ?

Comment

S2Ks, E30s, and most any 20ish+ year old car will bite if you are being foolish, but like any car you work your way up to a level you can handle.

As to usability, it's fine, and with VTEC being what it is you have a sedate ride below whatever and a party up high, which is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                          S2Ks, E30s, and most any 20ish+ year old car will bite if you are being foolish, but like any car you work your way up to a level you can handle.

As to usability, it's fine, and with VTEC being what it is you have a sedate ride below whatever and a party up high, which is fun.
                          x2

S2K and cool VTEC cars are the mullet of the cool ride category
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

I couldn't fit into an S2000 (or a Z3M Coupe) because my height and limb length apparently fell outside of their design specifications.

I've had two low mileage E34 M5s: one which I never warmed up to and sold after giving it a light restoration, and the one I have now which is easily one of the best cars I've ever had. You really need to treat them as individuals and judge them based on the car sitting in front of you.

Comment

You must be a friggin giant because I have a tall friend who DDs an S2000.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Why did you ask

easy answer is easy..................... S2K with out hesitation and this is from a person that all but despises anything out of the honda/acura stable
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X