Announcement

Collapse

POST YOUR THREAD IN THE CORRECT FORUM

The General Discussion forum is NOT a catch-all.

Please post your topic in the correct subforum.

Technical questions do not belong in General Discussion, neither do body kit or wheel fitment questions. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary.

This helps keep R3VLimited nice and organized so others can more easily find what they are looking for.

Thank you,
R3V Staff
See more
See less

Oz/Euro 323i parts compatibility with 325i or 320i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just now found the thermostat housing is also not the same, different design and different number of sensors. The 325e from 1985 is correct though.

Who knows, its possible a previous owner put in a new coolant system from a newer model, and RealOEM is correct but this car is not.

It just means I have to be careful with what I buy.

Comment

The dealer can be pretty helpful if you take in your VIN and need a part identified. They just plug your VIN into the ETK.

Of course, your specific car could be like grandpa's axe by now, I know mine is :)
      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I have now ordered bits and pieces from almost every BMW supplier on planet earth.

As far as shipping to Oz goes, Schmiedmann and FCPEuro are the cheapest, ECS/Turner very good, and Bimmerworld the worst (Often 2x the price of ECS/Turner for the same goods).

Comment

I wouldn't trust ECS to deliver a cheeseburger if I lived next door to them. Shipping overseas...you take your chances
          Deck Lid and soft top Shocks on hand

Seat shocks on hand for immediate shipment
          https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
          Alice the Time Capsule
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by agisthos View Post
            Its disappointing to find out that RealOEM cannot be relied upon if you have a RHD 323i from 1984. I have tried the exact VIN number, as well as manual field entry.

It keeps throwing up parts and image breakdowns that do not match. I have found the 325e from early 1985 has the accurate commonality with my car, in some cases.

A perfect example is the radiator. I wonder how much else of this database is inaccurate.
            The database itself is pretty accurate (I have found errors but they are rare). But the diagrams, especially the older ones - are more for reference in many cases.

realoem.com is just the BMW ETK with an online interface. It's the same database a BMW dealer would use - pictures and all.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
            X