Announcement

Collapse

POST YOUR THREAD IN THE CORRECT FORUM

The General Discussion forum is NOT a catch-all.

Please post your topic in the correct subforum.

Technical questions do not belong in General Discussion, neither do body kit or wheel fitment questions. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary.

This helps keep R3VLimited nice and organized so others can more easily find what they are looking for.

Thank you,
R3V Staff
See more
See less

Gnarly accident - M5 wrapped around poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talked to a kid at bimmerfest who knew 1 of the dudes and he was known to go 130 to show off

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

130? That is literally the top of 3rd gear in this car. Still have four to go.

Hers 13 X3 375hp/450tq - His 14 M5 780hp/730tq

Comment

True, but hitting the pole at 130 would explain the carnage & it's a bit crazy on public roads.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

'tis but a scratch

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
            True, but hitting the pole at 130 would explain the carnage & it's a bit crazy on public roads.
            Yeah. I made my son read this thread, he is building a 2.7i for his car, and I lean on him constantly. Do not race on public roads.

We all did it when we were young. I damn near blew up my dads e28, I topped out my e30 back in the late ‘90’s. Going 130 isn’t that big a deal on the right roads if you understand physics. If you sneeze at any faster than that then you’re dead. A twitch and a counter action, game over.

I love seeing people posting on social media “no racing on public roads”. There are some good kids out there. I hate seeing people die on the roads but I hate even more thinking about what could happen to innocent others. If they didn’t hit that pole and plowed into a family of parent and children I would really have a tougher time with it. Hell, I watch big trucks driving like hell on 2 lane roads around here and think “damn, I’m glad my wife is at work right now”.
            My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
            I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Working...
            X