Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inka2002tii
    replied
    That's why I like my BMW 2002! You can't try to get in a crash with that and if you do, by the time you brake you will be in collision with anything faster than 20 mph!
    Very sad to see these lives lost and countless family members altered for life. Just like that. Very sad.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Suxors... well, rush hour traffic will move that much faster at least.

I agree on pole rigidity observations. Why don't we build bridges that strong?

Leave a comment:

• dsphil
    replied
    It's not the 500hp that kills. I have 2 buddies killed in same fashion along with 2 other people in a Lancer few years back. And they just passengers.

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
    Gnarly accident - M5 wrapped around poll

They probably forgot to include a Rob option.
    I can't like this enough.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Fuck, if I had 500+ hp at my disposal in HS I would be dead, probably.

I had a slow as shit e30 in HS and I managed to flip that shit lol

Leave a comment:

• e30RS
    replied
    A complete tragedy. Several families permanently damaged.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
    Makes me glad none of my friends had a new M5 when I was a teenager.

"Hey man, wanna go for a ride?"
    I still remember clearly guys I knew in HS (1977) with big block Chevelle drag cars asking me to go with them on Friday nights where they regularly street raced and got in fights and wrecked cars. No thanks. And of course one of them wrapped it around a pole on graduation night.....

Leave a comment:

• Stanley Rockafella
    replied
    Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    I am also amazed at just some of the raw hp numbers some of the kids today are playing with. Even in my street racing days of yore, the biggest, baddest cars were probably on 300 hp at the wheels back then.
    I agree.
    Heck, the car I use mainly for grocery runs twice a week has 300hp.
    Just goes to show how far we've gone in the hp game.

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
    Is this some sort of mistake?!
    All 4 occupants are named "Hussein"!
    Or is that the equivalent to the name "Bob/Billy/William" in Western societies?
    Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 05-23-2019, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike36
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
    Anyone else impressed by how strong that pole is?
    That's the first thing I thought, in addition to the engine flying out. Just wow!

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    Same here - had '67 Nova with a straight 6 and three-on-the-tree when I turned 16. Promptly went out one night with a co worker, and wrecked it. Luckily, it wasn't capable of any real speed, and it mainly just consisted of me burying the front end into a dirt embankment. Rebuilt the front suspension and she was good as new.

I am also amazed at just some of the raw hp numbers some of the kids today are playing with. Even in my street racing days of yore, the biggest, baddest cars were probably on 300 hp at the wheels back then.

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    this is just totally sad.

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I respect that, but that doesnt excuse driving like a maniac on a public road with innocent people on the road. I just hope the guy you knew wasnt the driver. Shame that 3 people fell victim to another persons reckless behavior.

I feel like there was a similar story when the E39 M5 was brand new too.
    Right, I wasn't defending whoever's actions got them all killed, just justifying what the 4 dudes in an M5 were doing at 3am.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewBird
    replied
    Anyone else impressed by how strong that pole is?

Leave a comment:

• e30davie
    replied
    Must have been a huge hit for the car to look like that. Have to feel sorry for the clean up crew:/

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by ak- View Post
    They were coming back from Suhoor since it's Ramadan; aka eating before sunrise
    I respect that, but that doesnt excuse driving like a maniac on a public road with innocent people on the road. I just hope the guy you knew wasnt the driver. Shame that 3 people fell victim to another persons reckless behavior.

I feel like there was a similar story when the E39 M5 was brand new too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X