Z3 vs TT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
    Lol... I had been thinking the same thing.... happy wife, happy life.
    True, but there's also something called "compromise".
    My GF insisted we get something flashy, and red.
    I insisted I didn't wanna be wrenching on it constantly and spending money and time on a car that I'd rather be spending on the e30.

As a result we got the is350.
    It's red, flashy, fast and far more reliable than any BMW built in the last 25 years.
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

The is350 is a good choice!

I was considering an is350 F-sport for my new daily before eventually settling on my e92.
      Last edited by lukeADE335i; 06-08-2019, 05:17 PM.
      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I work on both cars often

dont get a TT
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Early TTs are ugly, new TTs are cool looking, all of them are Audis. I don't do Audis because I've never heard anything good about them that didn't come with a "but".

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 1-26

Comment

I consider the first gen TT a modern design classic. It's a really smart, understated design, but if you don't dig that Bauhaus aesthetic, then it's probably not for you. I'd say the TT lost its purity and focus of design as it's become more aggressive over the years, but to each their own.

It may share parts with a Golf, but I'd imagine it's very annoying to work on just because of how tightly packaged everything is. I have a little bit of experience with a B5 A4 and gotdamn - at least that Audi of the same era was a pain in the ass to work on.
            diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

TT is a warmed-over Beetle/Golf
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Here you go.

I bought my 2000 TT two months ago and have had it in the shop for two weeks--all within the last three weeks actually.

Comment

Thanks, Dnguyen

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  1988 Alpinweiss 325i Convertible

Comment

Apart from the look (I love the way both first-get TT and z3 look like), TT drives like smaller GTI, they're comfortable, the seating position is more conventional and it feels and drives like a bigger car. It's quieter and slightly easier to drive around the down because all inputs feel lighter than e30/z3.

Z3 feels definitely smaller, has old school sports car seating position, all controls feel heavier and more mechanical.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm a VW/Audi guy. Not knowing your budget I would say completely delete the 1st Gen TT from your brain. The only engine you want with the first gen is the 3.2 and if you have to do anything under the hood I hope you have tiny hands because that engine is cramped in there.

Audi's from the late 90's/early 2000's are nothing but trouble. You want minimal issues from your weekend cruiser. 2nd Gen TT is a huge step up mechanically but I understand why some people like the look of the 1st Gen.

With all that being said buy a Z3 preferably a later model.

Source: Owned 1st Gen TT 3.2 and Mk4 GTI 1.8T.

Comment

I think they're both fine. Careful with the 6 speed auto TT transmission though.
                        Build Threads:
                        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
                        X