hahaa! This thread is killin' me.
I was busted in Ludlow VT taking a short cut though a "Non Through Way" at about 60 in a 25. It was very stupid to do, but like I said, I was a stupid college kid that didn't really care.
I went over a rolling rise with a drop off (pretty sure I caught air, or at least took all the weight off the suspension) when I see the popo hiding on a side street. I had a nice radar detector at the time and it never went off. That told me they never got me on the radar, so I was going to push it.
He pulled me over and asked how fast I was going...so I said I was speeding, but I could not have been going over 28 or so. He laughed, and said "I think you were going a bit faster than that!". I replied with, "na man, I am pretty sure I wasn't." He asked me what I was doing, and I told him. "just picking up some muffins for the guys at the ski shop (where I worked) and I was headed back." He was local, and so was I - so I think he let me off with a warning. Plus he never got me on radar! :) The next day he busted my friend in a 2002 doing the same thing! ROTFLMAO!
Got chased though VT.
Collapse
X
-
lol, good one!
I raced a guy on I-70 out by Grand Junction once on the way to Moab. We were kinda playing tag but he couldnt keep up, I kept passing him around 110mph in the old Alfa... At one point I had the speedo pinned at 145mph (no idea how fast it really was) and kept it over 130mph indicated for a solid 20 minute stretch. Made the 360 mile drive from Denver to Moab, over the Rockies (and stopped for lunch at Subway, ate, got back on the road) in 4 hours exactly... I dont know exactly how long we stopped for when we had lunch, but it's safe to assume that the average speed was about 100mph.Leave a comment:
-
OK, I have one. About 10 years ago my friend Steve and I borrowed our buddy Jay's 92 Lexus sc300 and took it down to Denver. Not a bad car, it was 5 speed, v-6 I think. We were living up in Summit County (think Breckenridge, Keystone, etc.) at the time. Anyway, on our way back, just outside of Denver on I-70 some guy in a new Camry starts fucking with us. He would pass us, then back off, and pass us again, obviously wanting us to race. After a few minutes of this I decided to have some fun as well. We raced around on I-70 west for a while until it started getting trafficky. This guy drove like an asshole, cutting people off, no signals, he drove like a very dangerous mental patient. Eventually we get stuck in a line of slow moving traffic, both lanes going about the same speed. I am right behind him in line. By this point I'd had about enough. So, I dropped a gear, turned into the breakdown lane and got on the gas. I must have passed 20 cars, all moving relatively slow by the time I saw daylight. Then I passed the last car. A fucking Sherrif's van. It was full of prisoners being transported. I didn't know what to do. Here I was speeding, in the breakdown lane, in someone else's car. I swear to god my ballsack shrivelled up into my stomach somewhere. So I did what every sound minded person would do. I stayed on the gas until it had no more to give. We exited at Idaho Springs, parked the car and drank beer for a few hours. We had a nice easy ride home and dropped the car off to Jay that night.Last edited by thejimlab; 01-17-2007, 02:24 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Hahahaha, I've only traveled long distance with one other car, and never ever got into trouble even while doing 90 to 100mph...
Possibly because the other car was a Ford Escort ZX2? lolLeave a comment:
-
I was in a caravan once, we were on our way to VIR and we came over a crest just in time for everyone else to see a state trooper going the opposite direction. I did not see the trooper and had (coincidently) pulled off to check my tire which had been vibrating badly since I had left home. As I went to check my rearview mirror to see if there were any cars coming so they don't take my door off when I exit the vehicle... all I see is about 3 feet of Crown Vic grill and minutes later my freinds waving to me as the officer writes me a summons for reckless driving. Great Success!Leave a comment:
-
my buddy and i were in the desert near desert ridge outlet mall a few months ago. this was the firts day he got his 85 325e. so we were driving along this dirt construction road having fun cause it had a couple of slowly curving turns, getiing the rear wheels loose and such.
anyway there are "no motor vehicle signs" everywhere and it is def illegal to go out there. but as we are leaving a truck drives past us, and what do you know, 4 seconds later he turns around and lights are on. we stop, becuase we know we cant outrun a truck on dirt roads with holes and shit, in a tired old e30. after we stopped the cop came up to the drivres door and asked us what we were doing and he saw a water bottle so he figured we were drunk or something. after that i whipped out my video camera, and here is the rest of the story........
disclaimer: my friend (mr. deagle) is an arrogant prick. lolLeave a comment:
-
Just waitin for the story where someone gets caught speeding in VA and goes to jail for it.Leave a comment:
-
-
Sorry about the muffin, the frosted flakes, the ketchup packets, getting us pulled over and the downshift. :0 :) Still on of my favorite fucking memories of all time. We def gotta do that shit again man.I think I have a better one. I swear on the authenticity of this and I have everyone that was there (including someone in this forum) that could back me up on this.
April '05 - Coming back from a drift event in Ocala, FL... us SFL guys were caravanning down in about 5 cars. 300+ mile trip. At the time I was driving my black e30, which if anyone remembers, that thing had no front end and I was driving it like it was all gravy.
We were on the Turnpike, a 2 lane highway, and using both lanes. 50 miles into the trip. We're cruising at about 90 when a white Chrysler 300C shows up but doing at least 120. We could've been nice about it and let him pass, but after tailgating us, we decided to fuck around with him. We basically boxed him in and were cruising at 40mph. I was next to him and my friend in the passenger seat noticed that his passenger was writing down something... probably tags. We didnt think much of it, and as soon as the toll came, he passed and we just kept doing our own thing.
Then we hit some construction and they closed off one lane with cones. Some people started slaloming through the cones, while the rest just watched.
Later on, some people started being smart and passing on emergency lanes. That's when crap started getting out of control because if I got pulled over with them, we'd all take the same damn blame for everything.
Couple miles later, I'm leading the pack since I"m the only one with a radar detector. Cruising at 90-95 the radar goes off right before a bridge. I slow down and call the guys on the 2-way radios. One genious with no radio in his car used his CD player and headphones. Flew by under the bridge @ 100+. Turns out the FHP had another car pulled over on the onramp. Lucky us.
Probably a good 200 miles into the trip now, people start getting bored and throwing food out of the window, trying to hit the rest of us. Since I have no front end, my oil cooler gets creamed with a muffin. The guy who put that muffin on my oil cooler pulls next to me to tell me about his accomplishment. Driving rear view mirror to rear view mirror, with another one tailgating us, we drive right by a Florida Highway Patrol doing 90. I look in the rear view mirror and surely lights come up and I see him doing the U-turn.
Fuck.
I pull to the right already and most people line up behind me, just waiting. One genious just downshifts and makes a run for it. The FHP reaches me and cuts me off, slowly driving me to the breakdown lane. Someone behind me tried to be smart and swerve to the left lane and try to pass. He caught up with the cop quicker than the cop could go block him on the left lane.... so this kid ended up forcing the cop to swerve back to the right, going straight off the highway and into the dirt.
And we all pull over. I am the 3rd in line (out of 4) and the cop parked behind the last guy and started walking from car to car. I just pulled all my info (license, registration, insurance) and put them on top of my dash along with my keys.
The cop comes over from the passenger side ready to start ranting like "You know exactly what you were do.." and he sees all my information and quickly rephrases "You've done this before huh?". I just handed him everything and he started "Well we got a call about you guys about 200 miles back, we have had reports of reckless driving, etc etc" and mentioning probably every moment that I have mentioned in this entire post.
When he asked my story, I explained that when he saw us, my friend was trying to tell me that there was something in my front end. As the cop moved to the next car in front of me, he looks back and sees the muffin... waves his head and keeps walking foward.
I had no idea wtf was going to happen. I was ready to get the cuffs.
After a 1/2 hour wait, the trooper comes back to my car and hands me my license and says "You are all the most deliquent drivers I have probably ever seen in my life. It is clear that none of you have the capability of driving together. Now I will let you go, however each of you will be leaving in 10 minute increments"
After waiting our share we all went and met up at the next rest stop. Every single person gave a different explanation to the cop as to what we were doing. None of our stories matched AT ALL.
In the end, no tickets we issued. We were the luckiest motherfuckers in the world. To this day, the only thing I can imagine is that the cop didnt have the resources or the will to have 5 cars impounded and take us away.
Morals of the story:
Only caravan if you know exactly who is caravanning with you.
Anything you do on the highway will look 10x more obvious when you are caravanning.
- ErickLeave a comment:
-
I tried that ones...was doin bout 90 in a 55 (that's a story in itself) and just kept on truckin till I turned onto the next side road. Saw the cop go by after another speeder and thought I got off. I was about to turn into an unknown driveway just to make sure when I see the flashin blues comin around the corner like a speeding freight train. that state trooper was not a happy camper!Leave a comment:
-
I really was going to pull over if it came down to it, but given that he already had me for speeding I figured I might as well keep it up and try to find a quick turn off or something. I think the guy was embarrassed or something as nothing ever came about of it.Leave a comment:
-
wow that snow story is some luck there. Btw "caravaning" has to be the best way of covering long distances. Pretty dangerous though when you think you own the road ;) Good stories so far.Leave a comment:
-
well, it was his gf's car and tags, right? w/e.
Well written stories, all of you. :up: I can't believe Fifedog just kept on trucking. That's hilarious dude, just hilarious.
Muffin in the oil cooler, I lol'd when I read that. Hahahah!Leave a comment:
-
Double yellows are only a suggestion in VT. You can pass anywhere as long as its deemed "safe" by the Po-nine.
Which actually reminds me of a funny ass story about driving my gf's subaru. I hate subs for the life of me, unless its a wrx, but I will admit they rock in the snow. So Im bombing along the Kangamangus highway in NH when I come up on what I thought was just an old broad in what appeared to be a lumina. It had been snowing hard and the roads were awful and this car was going maybe 20 in a 55 zone. The subaru could handle the speed limit given awd and the conditions so I move out to pass. Turns out its an unmarked cop car and I knew it was a double yellow. So as Im passing this guy doing 65 or so I see the blues come on from beneatht the front grill and he put his staty hat on and Im like oh shit. Anyways since Im going much faster than him I just keep going for a bit through a couple turns waiting for a decent place to pull over but keeping the speed up since he already got me for speeding. Sure enough as hes giving it some gas to get up on my bumper he spins a complete 180 (thanks to his rwd and a v8 ) into a snowbank. I just kept right on moving. I laughed so fucking hard I cried.
Holy shit fielding!
That is f-in crazy!
I hope your licence plate was covered in snow!!Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: