Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90% done! V8 is in and mounted but.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC325iC
    replied
    hydraulic brakes, did anyone suggest that?

Leave a comment:

• Firestorm
    replied

:)

Leave a comment:

• drifty340i
    replied
    Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
    Here is some pictures of a hydrolic booster.

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/viewtop...r=asc&start=75
    Looking at the photos id still have to move it over about 60mm?

Leave a comment:

• drifty340i
    replied
    E23 hydraulic brake booster setup? is an option so im told?

Leave a comment:

• backtrail69
    replied
    Here is some pictures of a hydrolic booster.

Leave a comment:

• jmarch
    replied
    If I remember correctly, my old M635csi used a hydraulic booster instead of the normal vacuum booster. On that car, like yours, there was no room for a vacuum booster. Probably would be hell to adapt, but you could source most of the parts cheaply.

Leave a comment:

• PiercedE30
    replied
    It could fit in front of the wheel well if you ditch the abs system.

Leave a comment:

• drifty340i
    replied
    Originally posted by whakiewes View Post

This shows the 540/740i booster/MC setup. Very clean but takes up a lot of space. If you could find a parts 540/740 to steal the brake components from then you could probably make it almost bolt in.

Wes

Dam thats a clean install! but my intake comes out on that side and i really done think there is room. Unless it would fit in the void infront of the wheel well? cheers mate

Leave a comment:

• whakiewes
    replied

This shows the 540/740i booster/MC setup. Very clean but takes up a lot of space. If you could find a parts 540/740 to steal the brake components from then you could probably make it almost bolt in.

Wes

Leave a comment:

• drifty340i
    replied
    Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
    It could get a bit pricey, all up i think it could be done for a bit less than $500. You'll need all knew brake lines, fab work to fit it in, more fab work once you change your mind where you want them :p , then you'll probably need to get it signed off by an engineer aswell.

No probs :) just remember, i'm doing the same thing at the moment (just with a real v8 :) )

If you get some more insight into modifying the pedal linkage, pass the info on to me :p
    Have you got links to the parts fella?

a real v8 haha, im not going to argue with you on this american forum lol

Leave a comment:

• Firestorm
    replied
    Originally posted by drifty340i View Post
    Option 3 sounds good but could get very expensive?

Awesome advice mate! keep it coming
    It could get a bit pricey, all up i think it could be done for a bit less than $500. You'll need all knew brake lines, fab work to fit it in, more fab work once you change your mind where you want them :p , then you'll probably need to get it signed off by an engineer aswell.

Originally posted by drifty340i View Post
    No probs :) just remember, i'm doing the same thing at the moment (just with a real v8 :) )

If you get some more insight into modifying the pedal linkage, pass the info on to me :p

Leave a comment:

• drifty340i
    replied
    Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
    Riley, you basically have about 3 different options when it comes to this problem.

1. Modify your pedal linkage so it exerts more force, that way you dont need to run a booster. You'll just have the master cyl poking out of there. It's tricky to do with our right->left linkage though.

2. Remote booster. If you can source some bits from a 540i, you can put the booster up behind the left headlight. There might be some other options regarding this one though.

3. Your own pedal box! Can buy a wilwood/tilton/etc pedal box, which has the pedals + master cyls in one. 2 master cyls for the brakes, uses a balance bar on them for your brake bias. This replaces your pedals you have now. You retain your standard throttle pedal though (unless you buy a cool floor mount tilton setup)

Ps. The swap is looking good :)

Chris.
    Option 1 is worth a nudge, i no a guy who does this often.

Option 2 is deff an option but i would house it infront of the
    front left tire below where the factory airbox is (out of sight)
    and out of the way of my cold air box (not shown)

Option 3 sounds good but could get very expensive?

Leave a comment:

• joshh
    replied
    You could also move the booster inside the car more by moving the mounting area. It would take some time but I bet you could get it to work.
    Maybe move it up some as well.

Leave a comment:

• drifty340i
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
    You may be able to make a offset adapter like this mopar piece http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/ofadforlamom2.html and run manual brakes.
    Might look into that! cheers

Leave a comment:

• Firestorm
    replied
    Riley, you basically have about 3 different options when it comes to this problem.

1. Modify your pedal linkage so it exerts more force, that way you dont need to run a booster. You'll just have the master cyl poking out of there. It's tricky to do with our right->left linkage though.

2. Remote booster. If you can source some bits from a 540i, you can put the booster up behind the left headlight. There might be some other options regarding this one though.

3. Your own pedal box! Can buy a wilwood/tilton/etc pedal box, which has the pedals + master cyls in one. 2 master cyls for the brakes, uses a balance bar on them for your brake bias. This replaces your pedals you have now. You retain your standard throttle pedal though (unless you buy a cool floor mount tilton setup)

Ps. The swap is looking good :)

Chris.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X