This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
    Nice. What color e30 will this be installed.
    Right now, I'm planning to install it in my sterling silver m-tech II vert. As you now, gray leather would be the proper pairing for silver mtech cloth, as shown below

But I think it will look good paired with black leather. Here's the only pic I have of the silver mtech cloth with black leather bolsters. This car is owned by the guy who sold me the fabric.

sigpic
    January 2012 COTM

Comment

I like the grey leather seats but the black combo door cards. Do you have enough to do door cards?

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
        I like the grey leather seats but the black combo door cards. Do you have enough to do door cards?
        The roll I have is 173" x 52". If I did my fabric math right, it's right around 4.5 yards, which I'm told is enough for the whole vert interior. Hopefully so, because that was all the seller had left.

I think gray bolsters and door cards is not enough contrast for a silver car. Though I understand that some folks might think it's blasphemous to pair to leather with black leather, much less, use it on a non-m3.

sigpic
        January 2012 COTM

Comment

Do grey and do piping (red maybe). I have pics of how a vert is done. Pm me your email.

Last edited by GT BMW E30; 12-05-2012, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
            I think gray bolsters and door cards is not enough contrast for a silver car.
            having laid eyes/hands on the car in question; yeah, do black- grey would be too "monotone".
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Took this picture this morning, ever seen a 5.30:1 gear set? BMW motorsport offered gear ratios all the way up to 6:1, for the 168mm diffs. Sold until they ran out in the late 80's.

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Driving Lights

I know the fogs aren't rare but the box might be. Found on Craigslist about a month ago.
                Attached Files

Comment

Finally got the last piece to complete the interior of the Mtech while contributing to the purchase of my friends new euro car. Thanks Raul!

Click image for larger version

Name:	HartgeKnob.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	7148890

Cheers,

Jim
                  sigpic

Comment

^^^ Jim you still need the Hartge dead pedal.^^^
                    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                      ^^^ Jim you still need the Hartge dead pedal.^^^
                      Don't know about that one. I just don't have the hart to cut up a Hartge dead pedal to make it fit in a vert quite yet. ;)

Cheers,

Jim
                      sigpic

Comment

I see what you did there ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by MoreMayhem View Post
                          I see what you did there ;-)
                          LOL, I got lazy.:D

Cheers,

Jim
                          sigpic

Comment

Buy one of Lee's dead pedals so you don't need to hack one up.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                              Buy one of Lee's dead pedals so you don't need to hack one up.
                              If Mr. Massive made them to look like this I would be good to go.

But he used a different design that's more like Alpina dead pedal the last time I looked at his site.

I looked at a BMW valve cover to make one out of that but the ribs are too short. I like the look of the vertical ribs so that is what I will try to replicate rather than destroy a nice old tuner part like Raul wants me to.

Cheers,

Jim
                              sigpic

Comment

Big brother and little sister BMW spare fuel cans. Made by Bellino. The small one is a 6L can that fits in a 14" spare, and the large one is a 9L can that fits in a 15" spare (Euroweave or IX).

Comment

Working...
                                X