Virginia Roads: 1, Oilpan:0

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sticksdaman
    replied
    I like the tattered valence

    it gives the car a certain "je n'ai se quoi"

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    Originally posted by sticksdaman
    glad to hear she's ok sad to hear that your painting the valence
    Hah! Really, you like the cracked M-Tech II? I have the rest of the kit, so I may hold off painting it until its all ready to go. But that could be a long time from now.

    Leave a comment:


  • sticksdaman
    replied
    I wish i had gotten to this thread sooner

    I remember my first oil pan death... Made it 30 miles back home using jb weld and duct tape... good times man good times

    glad to hear she's ok sad to hear that your painting the valence

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    Originally posted by TwistyTunedE30
    What the hell did you do to the accelerator?
    It is still attached to the floor, it snapped at the point on the top of the pedal, which is fragile I suppose. If you look at the top where the pedal ends and it connects, thats the point where it broke.

    And yes I am glad to see it is going to be alive and well. After all these bushings get done I'm going to have a lot more peace of mind on the road, along with more confidence since I had a bad rattle from my balljoints being shot.

    I just dropped off the RTRS rear subframe bushings as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kruzen
    replied
    Glad to hear its ok man. That would be a bitch to lose :(

    Leave a comment:


  • TwistyTunedE30
    replied
    Originally posted by M42Technik
    Thanks for all the kind words guys.

    Here is what is being fixed or replaced at the moment:

    Control arms, ball joints, offset bushings
    Rear polyurethane subframe bushings
    Guibo
    Front and rear rotors and pads may be replaced
    Accelerator pedal replaced
    Trailing arm bushings

    Mirror needs fixing, as does the sunroof. If all this gets fixed before April I'll be driving down to Charleston, SC with it. The other step is to repaint the front at the very least.
    What the hell did you do to the accelerator? The only thing i have seen wrong with any e30 was the floor pans rusted out of a piece of crap car i had and the pedal was no longer attached to the floor. Glad to hear that your getting it all fixed
    -Max

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    Wow, I missed this. Good to hear the M42 is still alive and kicking.

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    Thanks for all the kind words guys.

    Here is what is being fixed or replaced at the moment:

    Control arms, ball joints, offset bushings
    Rear polyurethane subframe bushings
    Guibo
    Front and rear rotors and pads may be replaced
    Accelerator pedal replaced
    Trailing arm bushings

    Mirror needs fixing, as does the sunroof. If all this gets fixed before April I'll be driving down to Charleston, SC with it. The other step is to repaint the front at the very least.

    Leave a comment:


  • mtechnik
    replied
    Originally posted by M42Technik
    Okay so the good news is that the engine is fine and has no signs of damage from Saturday night's events.
    Yaaaaaay!!! So happy to read this.

    Leave a comment:


  • SchnellerVert
    replied
    Sucks ass. This winter has been brutal on the roads.

    Leave a comment:


  • z50_Jumper
    replied
    Glad to hear its ok.

    Leave a comment:


  • scabzzzz
    replied
    Sometimes I drive my car with the oil light on in hopes of ruining my eta motor.

    Glad to hear the 4 banger is ok!

    Leave a comment:


  • stevofthahill
    replied
    Originally posted by M42Technik
    Okay so the good news is that the engine is fine and has no signs of damage from Saturday night's events. The bad news...which really isn't bad...is that I'll be paying to replace it, along with a lot of other things that needed to be done.

    New control arms, bushings, rear subframe bushings, guibo (stupid shop put it on backwards), etc...
    That's great news, and trust me you'll be in a world of happiness after all that damn rubber gets replaced.

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    Okay so the good news is that the engine is fine and has no signs of damage from Saturday night's events. The bad news...which really isn't bad...is that I'll be paying to replace it, along with a lot of other things that needed to be done.

    New control arms, bushings, rear subframe bushings, guibo (stupid shop put it on backwards), etc...

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    Originally posted by silversleeper
    if u dont get ur shit back in running condition, that'll leave me being the coolest e30 in MD.. and mine aint much to look at... yet.
    Hahaha nice. What about Jason? I'm sure there are some others... :-P

    Leave a comment:

Working...