Virginia Roads: 1, Oilpan:0
Collapse
X
-
hey dan... sorry to see that happen to u. VA roads are horrid!
lemme kno if u need help swappin out oil pans. i got a guy in virginia wit a lift in his garage... and he can do the work for a really nice price.Leave a comment:
-
I got your back man, 65 bucks http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-92...spagenameZWD1VLeave a comment:
-
-
no worries man, if i can do all i have done to mine and have it be fine im sure this one incident wont cause too much damage if nothing at all. seems like m42's are biting the dust continually around hereLeave a comment:
-
That's a pretty good puddle, at least it had some oil left in it when you shut it off. There's a good chance you did no damage.Leave a comment:
-
Prior, no. Once I started it (not knowing the oilpan was cracked), the light came on, and I could definitely hear the grinding of low oil...I'm scared I'm going to lose my M42, and I really love this car, I can't lose it! Fuck.
:(Leave a comment:
-
you would be surprised how durable the internals of the m42. did you notice any valve tapping prior to the light coming on? or clicking?Leave a comment:
-
Yeah it didn't occur to me what had really happened before it was too late. Is it going to be bad? I'm worried I tore up the internals and now thats it...
EDIT: Here is all the oil that was left once I stopped at the gas station and had it going up the flatbed...

And that M-Tech II front sure is durable.Leave a comment:
-
Ouch man. Next time please don't drive at all with an oil pressure light on.Leave a comment:
-
Virginia Roads: 1, Oilpan:0
So it finally happened. I have NEVER had a problem scraping around town nowadays, and last night while headed to a party around 9PM, I had to make a U-turn at a light.
I take the turn, and there is a huge dip in the road, and I hear a light scraping sound, nothing absurdly loud or scary, just a scrape I heard all the time from my catalytic converter scraping bumps.
I pull over and keep the car running, nothing seems out of the ordinary. I check underneath and I see nothing, but it is dark and I don't have much light out.
I go to the party, and as I'm leaving around 2:30AM I start the car and my oil light comes on. I head to the nearest gas station (2 minutes literally), and thats when it hits me.
I check under the car in light, and there is a crack. So around 3:00 I call Geico and they have a tow service for free (which is excellent I might add), and I get my car towed around 4:00.
5:00 I get home after dropping the car off at a shop in Rockville.
Thats the story. I'm worried the engine is going to be fucked, but we will see tomorrow...
P.S. - WTB M42 Oilpan. :(Tags: None

Leave a comment: