Hello, I am stupid and want to buy an E32

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Turf1600
    replied
    I say a e23 745i. you can occasionally snag one for ~2k. I had a euro 82 735i - that thing was a beast - and mega comfy.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkWing6
    What are the details on this trip? Another West Coast run?
    Cali always comes up, but it depends on who wants to go, which is currently me and john hah

    Leave a comment:


  • DarkWing6
    replied
    Originally posted by James Crivellone
    Under 2 grand. I'd probably go in on it with whoever goes with me

    What are the details on this trip? Another West Coast run?

    Leave a comment:


  • elsabor67
    replied
    If you're gonna use it as a run around car for a minute, take the 735i. I know around here they are easier to deal with than the 740's and 750iL's engine and drivetrain wise.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkWing6
    2002?


    Oh, and I know this isn't usually an issue, but you do have about 8000 projects going on right now. What is the price range we are looking for?
    Under 2 grand. I'd probably go in on it with whoever goes with me

    Leave a comment:


  • DarkWing6
    replied
    2002?


    Oh, and I know this isn't usually an issue, but you do have about 8000 projects going on right now. What is the price range we are looking for?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ray Smoodiver
    replied
    E23

    like so, http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-143727332.htm

    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    replied
    Originally posted by PiercedE30
    fuck e32's.
    Great Feedback!

    What do you suggest smartass?

    Leave a comment:


  • PiercedE30
    replied
    fuck e32's.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkWing6
    e28
    I thought about that, but I've done the E28 thing before, want something I have not owned/tinkered with yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • DarkWing6
    replied
    e28

    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    started a topic Hello, I am stupid and want to buy an E32

    Hello, I am stupid and want to buy an E32

    So I've decided for my summer vacation (IE another roadtrip probably) that I want to ride down in style (from the 80's anyway)

    As much as I love my E30, its not a roadtrip car, and the xterra, while great, is not something I really want to drive somewhere (similar to the 4runner to socal 2 years ago)

    So I want something I can pickup for next to nothing, beat the shit out of for 2 weeks, and either dump, part, or maybe clean up and use as a comfy town car.

    Now manual E32's are next to impossible to find, so the automatic will need to do, which I can live with overall (and swap later).

    I am looking at the following

    E32 735iL - M30, Auto is worth nothing to replace, easier to manual swap down the road, many are not near fully optioned, not fast (not that it needs to be)

    E32 740iL - M60, Auto transmission slightly harder to locate for cheap, manual swap more difficult, chance of engine not being replaced, decent middle of the road example.

    E32 750iL - M70, BMW drive by wire (which sucks ass) most are fully loaded, the auto transmissions are made out of glass, manual swap near impossible for cheap, most are fully loaded, engine will eat me alive in repair costs.

    I am leaning toward the 750iL to be honest, as I love horribly expensive/complicated motors that basically destroy all patience that I have..but I'm not sure, the 735's are damn tempting, especially when they go for 500 - 1500 bucks all day long around here.

    ideas?
Working...