How much interest in a book on how to...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    I would buy for like $50ish. If it is mostly done then i see no harm publishing it. Make a few extra bucks on the side. More technical info the better.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Don't do it.

    Most here have will not follow through on anything. Por ejemplo, I put up a feeler for a chip and injectors and literally had 6 PMs with interest in a few hours.

    Actually put them up for sale and now everyone has an excuse on why they can't buy them. Worthless broke baggypants.

    Leave a comment:


  • e34john
    replied
    Eventually I would like to have one, not right now though.

    Will it come signed like the 101 projects 3 series book?

    Leave a comment:


  • Eric
    replied
    Originally posted by E30_pilot
    i dont see the point in selling it, it's just gonna end up on a pdf to download on here sooner or later. So might as well just offer it for free.
    that's F-ed up, but so true, damn E30 owners.



    would the book be more comprehensive than "take out the tar in the trunk"

    I'd be interested in it. I've removed just about everything besides what is necessary to stay road legal (lights, wipers) so now i'd like to see some things that i can still do to the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    Originally posted by 88e30is
    Lets see that picture.

    I bet it's a candid photo of Chris Bangle committing unmentionable (but blackmailable) acts with a clay model of the first bangle-butt trunk, a fleshlight, and about a pound of unsalted, whipped butter.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30nub
    replied
    If you took the time to make one, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. I'm always down for supporting.

    Leave a comment:


  • 88e30is
    replied
    Originally posted by DCColegrove

    I should tell the story here about how I paid for my my first house with one photograph that actually kind of sucked.

    Lets see that picture.

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Originally posted by Money$hit
    Just sell plans to your strut brace/chassis stiffening device/etc so I dont keep having to avoid your group buy threads.
    The design and plans are one thing...

    Actually having the equipment and fixtures to fabricate them correctly is a whole different story. A lot of the stuff (actual construction of the parts) I couldn't do on my own.

    Leave a comment:


  • Money$hit
    replied
    Just sell plans to your strut brace/chassis stiffening device/etc so I dont keep having to avoid your group buy threads.

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Originally posted by 318isbmw
    ... I think you would get screwed on making it because of the time spent versus the benefit.
    I doubt I would make any big money doing this...

    The reality is though I have most of it already done, it's more a mater of compiling, sorting, translating into understandable language and editing it all into book form.

    If I did do it at all it would be more out of love for the machine (and some vanity) than money on my part.

    Originally posted by Mtriple
    focus your efforts on a newer chassis such as the E36/46.
    Working on e46... I think we can just skip the 36s though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtriple
    replied
    focus your efforts on a newer chassis such as the E36/46.

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    pre order...for those that can read?

    Leave a comment:


  • 318isbmw
    replied
    I would keep one around, would definitely be interested to see some of the stuff done. If anything maybe get some of the pocket book people a bit more involved in learning some of the mechanical stuff past changing oil and spark plugs. But I think for making one, I think you would get screwed on making it because of the time spent versus the benefit.

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Originally posted by E30_pilot
    i dont see the point in selling it, it's just gonna end up on a pdf to download on here sooner or later. So might as well just offer it for free.
    You have a point there...

    So that's one vote for forget it...

    Who wants to work like a dog for free.

    I should tell the story here about how I paid for my my first house with one photograph that actually kind of sucked.

    Originally posted by kronus
    Would it be of any benefit to regular e30 owners, not engineers?
    Yes... Step by step hand holding...Would take the skills of a decent mechanic and some subbing for the average Joe though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    I'd certainly keep one around the shop.

    Leave a comment:

Working...