Best Remote Start for E30 Manual - EBrake only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Remote Start for E30 Manual - EBrake only

Looking to see what y’all have used. I don’t park in 1st. I prefer to use my e-brake. Don’t have lots of elevation to worry about here. I want to put a remote start on my my 1988 E30. Recommendations ?
    Ricky, remember: The fieldmouse is fast, but the owl sees at night.

A few years ago I installed a viper 5806v 2 way alarm/remote start. Works great. No issues . You have to arm the remote start feature before shutting the car off for the day. Basically hold brake pedal down, hit remote start, set parking brake, take key out , get out while the car is still running, close door and hit lock . Engine shuts off and remote start is set. If you disarm the system to get something out of the car you have to do it all over again. Kind of annoying but it’s a failsafe.
    built not bought

Comment

I don't get it, why retrofit remote start at all as the car doesn't need a warm up cycle, and it'll certainly be a hassle to implement on a MT car without a neutral switch or a clutch hold down system?

Comment

i like the sound of philcas1987 describes. The whole idea of being able to start a car without being in it gives me the heeby jeebies.

Comment

General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Scytek is a good budget friendly RS pager alarm. As far as a higher quality product, anything from DEI will work great (Viper, Clifford, Avital, etc). I have RS on my automatic E30 and its great to cool the car down in hot summer days or warm the car up in the cold.
            Owner - Bavarian Restoration
            BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
            www.BavRest.com
            My Feedback Thread
            Our Facebook!
            Follow our Instagram!

Comment

My E30 was originally an automatic. I do not have to push in the clutch to start the car. It actually starts right up with no inputs. Do y'all think this will make it simple?!
              Ricky, remember: The fieldmouse is fast, but the owl sees at night.

Comment

Working...
              X