GC complete vs KW variant 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC complete vs KW variant 1

Hey guys....the dreaded vs thread....but seriously looking for some input as my head is spinning searching the forums for peoples thoughts on their coilover setup!

Narrowed it down to KW variant 1 or GC complete setup for my 88 325is which will be both weekend backroads and occasional track day car. Full double adjustable dampening too much effort to really make it worth it for me, so have it down to these two setups. Both come setup with forged spindles already on and ready to go so both are plug and play. GC has single dampening adjustability while the KW comes with their supposed R&D best fit damper/spring setup and only ride height adjustability. Thoughts? Preferences? Input of real world use of either?

Only other option for me would be to save some coin and just go with HRs and Bilstein setup like Spec e30 I guess.

debating very similar... where did you end up going? would be great to know how variant 1 settings were for you since im also debating variant 3's to handle my touring. might be too much tolerance if there's a one-setting-fits-all with all the different E30 variants coupe/sedan/convertible/touring?
    '89 E30 Touring, '85 911 3.2 Coupe, '89 GB500, '96 XR400

Comment

Another thing to consider is that the V1s don’t come with camber plates, so you’re still saving a good bit of coin going GC while still having more adjustability.

Also, you can easily do a set of GCs yourself on the cheap. It costs very little for a decent fab to shorten housings. I think my last set I was charged an hour labor?
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Considering the same, does anyone have input on the ride quality? Sadly, shops around my parts love overcharging when they get spooked

Comment

Working...
        X