Metch bumper covers on US mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metch bumper covers on US mounts?

I’ve done a bit of research, but can’t find a definitive answer to whether or not I need euro bumper mounts to install Mtech style covers, or if US mounts will work. Appreciate the help!

You need to include more details. Year and model. M tech 1 vs M tech 2.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

88 325is, mtech 2

Comment

Mtech 2 is late model and there is no such thing as late model euro bumpers. All cars got plastic bumpers. Your car may need different bumper shocks though as it is a transition year car. I.E. - low rear arches with diving board bumpers.

Comment

If you're talking about swapping your aluminum bumpers off your 88 to plastic; you need all four bumper shocks and the all four sides need the plastic parts that hold the bumpers in line (where your amber and red lights are).
          I did the swap and purchased a lot of the parts separately. The hardest part was getting the rear left bumper shock off...three bolts per shock. You're also left with a row of holes into the trunk, I used weld bond to fill those.
          The holes are hidden behind the new rear bumper. The front turn signals are different as well...best if you have a donor bumper with the lights in place and the wires cut with enough length so you can splice the wires to the ones from your car.

If I was to do it all over again; I would look for a donor car from a wrecker or for sale and remove the bumpers off yourself so you get all the pieces you need. Even the hex bolts are different length in the front

Comment

General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
            X