Manual Swap Clutch Pedal Tension Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual Swap Clutch Pedal Tension Spring

So I just completed a manual swap on a 1991 325i. When I did the pedal swap I just changed the pivot bolt out and swapped the brake and clutch pedal. Since my car was an airbag car it does not have the bracket for the big clutch pedal spring.

I know it can go without the spring, but I would like to put the spring in if possible. I have searched for the spring on an airbag car and cannot find any picture. Does anyone have a picture of where the spring mounts to? This should be the spring: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...g/35211102383/

It doesn't really mount to anything, the firewall side rests in a groove on the pedal box. Not all pedal boxes have the groove, and many clutch pedals never had a spring. I generally leave them out with no ill effect.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Yes on the nonairbag cars the spring goes to that little plate or perch but from what I've read the airbag cars use a different spring and mounting method. The only issue is I have not been able to find a picture of the airbag spring and pedal assembly.

Comment

There's 12 e30's here at the shop ranging from 1987-1992, will see if I cam take a moment to take a pic of one.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
          X