E30 17" wheel fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 17" wheel fitment

Looking at getting some 17x8 or 17x7 wheels for the 325. What is the biggest ET that can be run on an e30 without spacers? Ideally wouldn't like to be messing with spacers and rubbing arches.
    Is ET35 or ET30 to big?

Last edited by Digitalwave; 02-27-2023, 08:27 AM.

You are in the wrong forum, you may get more responses in the wheel and tire section.

That being said I have 17x7.5 in the rear at an ET30 with no issues. The front I have the same with 10mm spacers to clear my larger brakes, with regular E30 brakes I still probably would need spacers too.

What are the wheels the spoke design tells clearance with for the brakes too.

You say the biggest ET, I want to make sure you understand ET (offset). So the larger the number the closer the wheel comes to the hub (or the car). The lower the number the farther the wheel is pushed out toward the fender. So an ET10 will be much closer to the fender then an ET30. If you are at an ET30 with a 17x7 or 7.5, even a 17x8 you will have plenty of clearance at the fender (depending on tire size but you should be good).

Your only concern at that ET will be brake clearance in the front and that's only a problem if you have like a BBS RS or similar wheel that have very flat faces and can interfere with the awkward break bracket on the E30. Some have ground it down a few MM to clear the wheel instead of using spacers.

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
      ...interfere with the awkward break bracket on the E30. Some have ground it down a few MM to clear the wheel instead of using spacers.
      I've heard of others grinding down the brake bracket. I didnt think this was a good idea. How much does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Victell View Post

I've heard of others grinding down the brake bracket. I didnt think this was a good idea. How much does it matter?
        It really depends on the wheel. Grinding the bracket 2-3mm won't make much of a difference and its not the whole bracket.I think there were many people on here that did it.

So many factors I think we need to know exacts on what wheels and sizes and what car.
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

17x7,5

Comment

is 17x7.5 et25 likely gonna cause issues? i think the 16x8 Alpinas are ET28 ?
            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I doubt it. Definitely not out back, more than likely not up front either. How did you even find this thread lol

Originally posted by whysimon
              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                I doubt it. Definitely not out back, more than likely not up front either. How did you even find this thread lol
                Google.

Ok I know the kopi are ET20 so wasn’t sure. I did crunch numbers on 16x8 Alpinas so should be better than those

I would propose 215/40 or 215/45 tyres but if I have to 205s would suffice . I think I 225/45 are too big and no one seems to have 225/40 in 17s

89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
                X