No announcement yet.

E30 Exhaust Disappointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you "WANT" rasp (as I took the OP), the the easiest way is to put a y-pipe right after the o2 bung and rune straight 2.5" to a straight through DTM muffler. Or, you could just use a Spec e30 exhaust, when we are at the track, the spec class sounds like a bunch of angry bumble bees fighting for turn 1. Spec exhaust is basically a 2.25" straight through to the single ~15" resonator where the muffler used to reside.

Dual exhaust helps curb rasp.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      mine sounds totally different than that. Mine is no where near that deep.

Also, that vid is an m50 with vibrant rez and a whatever muff.

I have a bottleneck rez with a vibrant muff hehehe

Also, their (vibrant) style of resonators are essentially small mufflers that are much wider in relation to how long they are.

In my experience a long rez with a slightly larger diameter than the pipe will yield a lighter tone with no drone.
      mines a 2.7i vibrant resonator ( ultraquiet is the one on that youtube) with vibrant muffler single to dual out 3 inch...…

and a 2.25 non-mandrel bent exhaust...

doesn't sound as deep but theres no rasp, need to get a video of mine too....

Comment

My scorpion cat back (stock cat/headers) is not very raspy. Here is a shitty gopro video

89 325is with Scorpion cat back. Stock Cat and exhaust manifolds. Speed limit was not exceeded.
        Originally posted by Sonny
        I am a meme for our community.

Comment

That sounds really good, what piping are you running to that?
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            mine sounds totally different than that. Mine is no where near that deep.

Also, that vid is an m50 with vibrant rez and a whatever muff.

I have a bottleneck rez with a vibrant muff hehehe

Also, their (vibrant) style of resonators are essentially small mufflers that are much wider in relation to how long they are.

In my experience a long rez with a slightly larger diameter than the pipe will yield a lighter tone with no drone.
            I’d like to hear a video of yours when you get time. I’m considering the same set up.

Comment

here s mine

https://youtu.be/1kjoGgtSadQ

Comment

Working...
              X