4 Batteries in 6months?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Batteries in 6months?!?!

What’s up guys? So here’s my dilema: my battery doesn’t last more than 2 days with the car not running. Something is draining the battery even when the car is off and my alternator is fine according to several mechanics. I recently disconnected the OBC thinking it could be that but any other ideas? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Disconnect the - (negative) cable from the battery.
    Take out the bulb from the trunk light.

Measure the amperage between the - terminal of the batter and the - cable that you disconnected.

Remove fuses one by one and measure the amperage again.
    Find out the fuse that lowers the amperage. Look at the wiring diagram for the fuse circuit.

Comment

I had a parasitic draw and performed the exact test that Vincenze posted. The draw was coming from my power antenna, which had been swapped for a stubby and a Z3 antenna base. I don't know if the swap was done correctly as it essentially was always drawing power for some reason. I think the PO swapped the constant and switched, plugging the constant in. I ended up disconnecting it as I don't listen to the radio and problem went away. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

If your cluster and or SI board is not refurbished, that would be my first suspect, the SI board, which is well known to develop a current draw when failing. Have it professionally refurbished. Unlike what you may read online, replacing the batteries on the SI board will not repair it and could permanently damage it. If you disconnect the fuses for the cluster or remove the cluster/si board, and the draw goes away, that SI board is your problem.
        Owner - Bavarian Restoration
        BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
        X