Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone even visit this forum anymore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moatilliatta
    replied
    I think it’s always been slow. Just every thing else has got faster in the last 10 years.

Slow on PC also?

Leave a comment:

• TobyB
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Where's your truck man? Maybe you need to cover the mini truck spectrum.
    Duuudeee.... My Ferd's got rimz. A nd a 6' lift kit.

t
    it actually burns a quart every 500 miles. Or less, if towing the pro3 car.

Leave a comment:

• Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

I am tethering from my phone right now (about ~4mB/s) and it's no faster at home with 100+mB/s. :/

As mentioned (and i linked previously), many boards are running on vB, and have been for decade(s). Perhaps it's an "ease of use" newer system, but some boards i still occasionally hit still look identical to mid-'00's.
    Same this is the biggest reason I don’t log in much anymore (besides now having a real job to do). It feels like after the re skin loads just sooo slow now.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by TobyB View Post
    If I ever got off my ass and worked on the damned cars, I might post something....

hee

t
    Where's your truck man? Maybe you need to cover the mini truck spectrum.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by TobyB View Post
    If I ever got off my ass and worked on the damned cars, I might post something....

hee

t
    Do you even own a BMW anymore?...

Leave a comment:

• TobyB
    replied

hee

t

Leave a comment:

• m3clutch
    replied
    I'm mostly a lurker, do like reading down posts and seeing who is communicating on here. Now that I'm finally working on my car after years of neglect, it's tough to find good threads with working links/updated methods/approaches. Still thankful for the community. Might have to check out the FB page for the marketplace. I'm trying to buy parts but the parts for sale section is kinda dead...

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    To beat a dead horse, the biggest reason (aside from having less free time) I come here less is the slowness of the site. I have to really be interested in a topic to click on it, wait 20 seconds for it to load, see somebody quote a whole post of pictures and say "nice", and not be pissed off for wasting my time (and another 20+ seconds to go "back" to the index).
    I am tethering from my phone right now (about ~4mB/s) and it's no faster at home with 100+mB/s. :/

As mentioned (and i linked previously), many boards are running on vB, and have been for decade(s). Perhaps it's an "ease of use" newer system, but some boards i still occasionally hit still look identical to mid-'00's.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Nando, Post up some pics of your iX in the Members Rides section. I think the OG cars need just some good photos posted even if nothings changed but a few more scratches here and there..

I remember we got the OG GC ix setup about at the same time, although 3 headgaskets and a cracked head, worn me out.. , and a focus to finish school lead me to sell mine and always envied It never made it to the track like yours..

But a youtubber Turrbo'd it...

OH! how always forget... I tested to see if I had a cracked head with a head form a broken timing belt motor, it had a cracked rocker shaft hole! And I put a plate on it so it wouldn't break while testing. That was 10 years ago and still like that!..

Last edited by moatilliatta; 03-01-2021, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FredK
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    To beat a dead horse, the biggest reason (aside from having less free time) I come here less is the slowness of the site. I have to really be interested in a topic to click on it, wait 20 seconds for it to load, see somebody quote a whole post of pictures and say "nice", and not be pissed off for wasting my time (and another 20+ seconds to go "back" to the index).
    nice

No but really, me too.

Leave a comment:

• Vincenze
    replied
    Bimmerforums is also run using Vbulletin, but every page loads instantaneously.
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/f...1983-1991-(E30)

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    I still check in. don't post as much, obviously. I haven't done much new with my E30 in a long time aside from drive it and minor repairs (I rigged up a temporary fix to my exhaust rubbing on the valance a couple months ago - definitely not worth posting, lol). I do work on "E30" stuff but sadly, it's mostly for other people's cars and not mine. :p

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    The only thing that'll fix the Facebook group is a constant reminder... Hey, there is an actual forum out there called R3Vlimited.com!
    Whenever I answer a question on the FB R3V group, I always provide a link back to a relevant thread/post on the R3VLimited forum (FB actually generates a little image/preview to go alongside the post too). If the forum was promoted more on the FB E30 groups (yes, all of them), we'd have more traffic here.

In 2009, I was scrolling FB daily, best thing I ever did was stop signing in a couple years ago. Got rid of the app on the phone, and only sign in on the "desktop page", so I can't even get PM's there unless on a PC.

With that decision, I realized I stopped going on the internet in general, unless I needed to. Work profits increased, billable hours increased, spirits were lifted, decided to "block" time in 30min work, 7min off to collaborate/break/laugh/cry, then go back. That alone was enough for me to be able to supply the shop with reliable income to pay all base expenses with my two hands. Now, it's time to hire another full time, or bring on a partner who would like to take over the shop in 7-8yr, when I plan on moving out of this budget trap of greater Miami/FtLauderdale.

EDIT: Just realized I have paid the 121st rent here lol. Had a small space next door since '07-ish, but officially been in this spot for a decade.....
    I really need to do this (drop FB). It's a huge time suck. I commend you for making that step. I've done this for a few other "time suck" apps on my phone and haven't looked back, but for some reason not FB yet.

Congrats on 10 years!

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    In 2009, I was scrolling FB daily, best thing I ever did was stop signing in a couple years ago. Got rid of the app on the phone, and only sign in on the "desktop page", so I can't even get PM's there unless on a PC.

With that decision, I realized I stopped going on the internet in general, unless I needed to. Work profits increased, billable hours increased, spirits were lifted, decided to "block" time in 30min work, 7min off to collaborate/break/laugh/cry, then go back. That alone was enough for me to be able to supply the shop with reliable income to pay all base expenses with my two hands. Now, it's time to hire another full time, or bring on a partner who would like to take over the shop in 7-8yr, when I plan on moving out of this budget trap of greater Miami/FtLauderdale.

EDIT: Just realized I have paid the 121st rent here lol. Had a small space next door since '07-ish, but officially been in this spot for a decade.....
    Amazing. Not sure what the real 5 year success rate is for shops, but I suspect that it's low, and it's awesome that you made it work.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X