Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone even visit this forum anymore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moatilliatta
    replied
    The only thing that'll fix the Facebook group is a constant reminder... Hey, there is an actual forum out there called R3Vlimited.com!

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied
    Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
    I don't understand how FB has managed to steal away so much traffic considering how poor it is as a substitute for a forum. FB is for current events, a forum is an archive. Not even remotely the same.
    This kind of sums it up. I think it's underestimated how much mobile usability matters. Facebook is extremely easy to use on our phones, and whether we admit to it or not, a lot of us are already addicted to checking Facebook regularly anyways. Forum usability on mobile sucks. Even with the improvements on the new platform r3v is on, and even with 3rd party options like Tapatalk. The forum is just harder to use than Facebook, full stop.

For what it's worth, a more clear/strict set of rules followed by [a lot] more moderation in the Facebook group would help. There are so many non-E30 related posts and things for sale, as someone else previously mentioned.
    Last edited by Digitalwave; 02-25-2021, 10:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

You should drive up to see Crivellone in person and voice your opinion, maybe help him address some of the issues...

Got a thread in that Alpina?!
    If he ever makes his way back to the track some time this season, I'll be sure to give him a hard time. (j/k)

No thread yet. The body has been in paint for the past year because we've been doing a bunch of remodeling on the house in prep for kid 2. So maybe when I put it all back together I'll get some pix posted.

Leave a comment:

• Habla
    replied
    HEYYYYYYYY

I'm a facebook addict, but I only browse car groups. Its sucked me away from here for sure. Not sure what it is, mostly FOMO on parts deals I guess. Hell, its because of facebook R3V that I found some canuck with a 100% complete mtech 1 kit in vancouver that was willing to drive it to my doorstep in Seattle.

I grew up on here during high school, dreaming, took a break for a while until I finally got one in 2011, then hung around until probably 2018? Simon even honored me with a COTM. I'm trying to do better. And I will update my thread! Its time to do scheduled maintenance on the s52...and there are some n52 nerds making moves over there in the 24v section, so I need to make a new thread for that project, too. Look, I'm on here at 3am, like the good old days!

How do we update sigs?

If only there was some large gathering in 82deg heat, where we could talk shit with hangovers...

Should we make MRGA hats? Yikes

Cheuk and the Criv joined me for a cruise on 1/3. The truth is out there.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by djjerme View Post

Even better still: Talking to real people in person. I know, our social media overlorders say that we are killing grandma's by visiting car friends to talk sh*t, but it's a risk I'm willing to take so I don't have to sort through another "help me get low" TwatBook post.

End Rant.
    You should drive up to see Crivellone in person and voice your opinion, maybe help him address some of the issues...

Got a thread in that Alpina?!

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    Yah, I got tired of waiting for threads to load in Tapatalk, so I decided to hop on the PC. But honestly, I prefer just talking to people in person, or at the least texting. Then the snark is easier to convey. Also, I have been spending a lot of time on the Haunted Forums. I have been making props for Halloween, because 2021 is going to make up for not having a party last year (it's going to be off the chain!!)

Now, I just have to figure out how to update my sig since I've got the new Dad Van.
    Last edited by djjerme; 02-24-2021, 04:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by djjerme View Post

You'd hope.

But I get tired of waiting 10 minutes for a thread to load in Tapatalk - only to realize the latest post is some random jumble of words by a new account with 3 post cred..

That being said, I prefer Forums over the ArseCancer that is Social media.

..even better still: Talking to real people in person. I know, our social media overlorders say that we are killing grandma's by visiting car friends to talk sh*t, but it's a risk I'm willing to take so I don't have to sort through another "help me get low" TwatBook post.

End Rant.
    woah, you're alive!

(even though i saw you a week ago)

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    They will have a resurgence, at least smart people will come back after deleting your Facebook
    You'd hope.

But I get tired of waiting 10 minutes for a thread to load in Tapatalk - only to realize the latest post is some random jumble of words by a new account with 3 post cred..

That being said, I prefer Forums over the ArseCancer that is Social media.

..even better still: Talking to real people in person. I know, our social media overlorders say that we are killing grandma's by visiting car friends to talk sh*t, but it's a risk I'm willing to take so I don't have to sort through another "help me get low" TwatBook post.

End Rant.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Valid. Most action this forum has seen in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
    Technically yes, but not like most instant gratification social media that most people have transitioned to.
    Hey, that spam bot content is positively riveting and updated constantly.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Technically yes, but not like most instant gratification social media that most people have transitioned to.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    I hope so.

I've never had any social media so I blame everyone else.
    This is social media.

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    I hope so.

I've never had any social media so I blame everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    They will have a resurgence, at least smart people will come back after deleting your Facebook

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    I just logged in as I do every couple of months.... and I really think I just need to delete facebook.

Facebook groups are the reason I don't visit the forums anymore. They are also the reason why information is not readily available.

Ugh. It is really shitty to understand the reason why something one had spent years of their life utilizing, has died off.... but also to be a willing participant.

For what it's worth, I do think that forums will see a resurgence. At least I hope so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X