Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone even visit this forum anymore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    One could just collaborate a bunch of scraped posts and compile into a book. :P

Leave a comment:

• Andrew325is
    replied
    It seems like everyone is moving to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc, but I still like the traditional forums better. The format on Facebook is really awful and you can't categorize anything nicely. Facebook just isn't set up for archived information. It's all 'in-the-moment' attention, mostly to show you ads so companies can market to you. Those social media platforms are controlled by large corporations that shape the content. The personal aspect of Facebook can be nice for connecting with people, but it can also be creepy and not relevant to some discussions. The R3vlimited group on FB is mostly a sh*tshow with constant bickering and a popularity contest. People will look at your personal profile and pick out things they don't like about you to dish out personal attacks that have nothing to do with discussions about E30s.

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Did you know 2021 is the year of trucks on R3V?... Id tell you to share your Taco here, but you said 2021 is the year you will get your E30 going so update THAT thread instead...
    I'm so ahead of the curve it's not even funny. 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 were years of the truck for me. Y'all need to catch up. But seriously I am fixing the E30. Waiting on my buddy to start his part out so I can get the shit I need.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo View Post
    I miss the fuck outta this place... I'm just an idiot and got caught up in other vehicles but I miss my E30 so badly...
    Did you know 2021 is the year of trucks on R3V?... Id tell you to share your Taco here, but you said 2021 is the year you will get your E30 going so update THAT thread instead...

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    I love how this thread blew up.

Even without an E30 I still check this forum daily, it just pains me how slow it loads. I used to (and still do, when I have the patience) thoroughly enjoy reading build threads (definitely prefer reading over all of these damn YouTube videos) of all types, levels of restoration, etc. But with how slow the forum loads, it just bugs me too much too often.

I also, like Lambo, get too distracted by my other cars (3rd Gen Tacoma which I am building a business around and my E36 M3 restoration) and spend my short internet time on forums dedicated to those vehicles.

R3v will always hold a special place in my heart (#love) and I can't wait to snag another E30 to have fun with, but until the forum increases its loading speeds I will remain a casual lurker.

Leave a comment:

• Slybeanx
    replied
    Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post

Just answered one of your M30 questions in your project thread - go with rubber mounts if you end up fitting the M30 and you want good NVH.

If you like the driving characteristics of the M20, then you'll also like the extra torque of the M30 as they drive similarly just the M30 has much more bottom end.
    Thanks! I was thinking of keeping poly trans and swapping engine mounts to see if that resolves most of the issues.

Leave a comment:

• Slybeanx
    replied
    Originally posted by agisthos View Post
    Two things have hit the E30 community at the same time causing a drop off.

The first is obvious, the age of the cars mean they are now rare, going up in price, causing a large barrier to entry for new guys coming into the scene. You have to REALLY want an E30 in the first place to even get into the scene now, whereas in the 00's it was just a DD car you purchased that could turn into a larger obsession.

The second is what is happening to every hobbyist forum I visit, a decline in traffic and new signups because younger Millenials and Zoomers do not use forums. They use FB/Reddit and group chats. Forums are going to way of the dodo and it sucks, because they are far better than the aforementioned. Forums are a Google searchable resource, that can be archived and used in the future. Social media feeds are not.
    As a 24 Y/o I use Reddit almost like instagram to show off photos, maybe ask a quick stupid question (ty anonymity) and to quickly browse posts.

FB is used also for quick questions and large amounts of feedback, the same question will get 20+ answers on FB and go unanswered here. Also much better for buying and selling parts.

I post and go to forums for research, quality work and to detail my own cars changes.

Each has their own redeeming qualities but the forum is clunky compared to the others and simply inhibits me quickly absorbing random information while im taking a dump.

Leave a comment:

• agisthos
    replied
    Two things have hit the E30 community at the same time causing a drop off.

The first is obvious, the age of the cars mean they are now rare, going up in price, causing a large barrier to entry for new guys coming into the scene. You have to REALLY want an E30 in the first place to even get into the scene now, whereas in the 00's it was just a DD car you purchased that could turn into a larger obsession.

The second is what is happening to every hobbyist forum I visit, a decline in traffic and new signups because younger Millenials and Zoomers do not use forums. They use FB/Reddit and group chats. Forums are going to way of the dodo and it sucks, because they are far better than the aforementioned. Forums are a Google searchable resource, that can be archived and used in the future. Social media feeds are not.

Leave a comment:

• TobyB
    replied
    Nope, I'm never here any more. Sorry, Criv.

t

"When did we get old and turn into mye28 or bmw2002faq?!?!?!?"

errr....I'm not old. It's just all you fuckers.
    Last edited by TobyB; 01-18-2021, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied
    I miss the fuck outta this place... I'm just an idiot and got caught up in other vehicles but I miss my E30 so badly...

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    Originally posted by Slybeanx View Post
    I'm on here occasionally when I have a question etc. No one answers any of the questions on my build thread so thats pretty much DOI.
    I wish there was more M30 content or someone would buy my swap so I could go in a different direction. I'm really starting to appreciate the stock M20, its fun to drive.

I like YT for LS content and for C10 stuff but I come here for E30s
    Just answered one of your M30 questions in your project thread - go with rubber mounts if you end up fitting the M30 and you want good NVH.

If you like the driving characteristics of the M20, then you'll also like the extra torque of the M30 as they drive similarly just the M30 has much more bottom end.

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    Wow, lots of OG names I have't seen posting in forever.

Leave a comment:

• FredK
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    are you THAT asian guy?
    Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not.

What Asian guy?

Leave a comment:

• Slybeanx
    replied
    I'm on here occasionally when I have a question etc. No one answers any of the questions on my build thread so thats pretty much DOI.
    I wish there was more M30 content or someone would buy my swap so I could go in a different direction. I'm really starting to appreciate the stock M20, its fun to drive.

I like YT for LS content and for C10 stuff but I come here for E30s

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    are you THAT asian guy?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X