Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New E30 owner, saved from a crack house. $50!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where in CA are you? Must be in Jefferson, not California lol
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

People always talk about crack head prices as a joke, but I've never actually heard of someone buying a car that way. Congrats on your find.
      1991 sterling silver 318is
      1987 alpine white 325i convertible

Comment

S50 for the $50 E30!

Not really, M20s are dope but the engine does seem fitting

Comment

Following this! Man $50 I would buy that all day.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

this is definitely the first time I have ever wished for some crack houses in my area.

Comment

maybe crack isn't whack?

Comment

in for pix of the pirate ship.

and of course, your girlfriend.

welcome!

t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Where in CA are you? Must be in Jefferson, not California lol
                  yea, it is “Jefferson” haha.

Finally got time and decent weather to work on the car. Just did a quick cleaning of all the pine needles and crap. Removed the passenger seat because it won’t fold forward, it was seized and wouldn’t slide forward. Put some PB Blaster on all the fasteners in the engine bay, and pulled the spark plugs to put some Marvel Mystery Oil in each cylinder.

Also got a knock on my door from the Sheriffs department asking if the car was abandoned or not. Then when I got home from taking my kids to school the CHP was outside with a tow truck and I had to stop them and show my documents. Now I have a sign in the window that says the car is NOT abandoned....

Anyway some update pictures. Can’t wait to get it running so I can give it an actual cleaning.

I’m rebuilding an E30 I saved from a crack house. Follow along on my Instagram and give me some motivation and tips!

Instagram: @E30tweak

Comment

Congrats! A quick power and this is easily 4k car as is. Subscribed!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DMan II-40 View Post
                      Also got a knock on my door from the Sheriffs department asking if the car was abandoned or not. Then when I got home from taking my kids to school the CHP was outside with a tow truck and I had to stop them and show my documents. Now I have a sign in the window that says the car is NOT abandoned....
                      Folks will take any chance to snag a free e30 from the street.

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Making progress, I have some parts removed and “new” tires installed. Just took out the AC since it was empty and I don’t want to try to repair it. Also going to delete the OEM oil cooler as mine is dented in pretty good. At a standstill for a little bit as we got more snow, but hopefully I can finish up the timing belt/water pump etc in the next week or so.

Meanwhile, please vote for me in a contest: http://wshe.es/K3TW6Oj7

Help me get some parts to fixer up!
                        I’m rebuilding an E30 I saved from a crack house. Follow along on my Instagram and give me some motivation and tips!

Comment

So I did end up winning $100 at FCP euro! I’ll definitely be putting that towards parts here soon. In the meantime I am just about finished with the whole timing belt replacement. Just have to put the radiator and hoses back. Then I can start focusing on the fuel system.

Check out my Instagram profile, I’m trying to post stuff on there.

Comment

Awesome - congrats! I'm following you on Instagram now.

I think it's hilarious that this car cost $50 and I just spent more than that on new brake lines and fluid. Such a good deal!

Comment

I love that you hand mounted the tires...

With a tiny screwdriver..

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Looks like a fun story and project, look forward to seeing more.

What I really wanna know is, how the hell the transaction went down, and how anyone at the house actually managed to produce the title. You've got some major cahones for even going up to a house like that to inquire about the car, strong work!
                                '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X