No announcement yet.

Should I give up the M3 project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a Garage Squad episode! He Garage Squad, I am in over my head and my wife says get it fixed or tow it away!!!

Comment

Was this just a thirst trap
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
        Was this just a thirst trap
        Nah, I messaged OP back and forth a few times last week.

I shot him an offer, but was beat out by an offer several thousand dollars greater by someone else here on R3v.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

Nah, I messaged OP back and forth a few times last week.

I shot him an offer, but was beat out by an offer several thousand dollars greater by someone else here on R3v.
          yeah, same here. my offer certainly wasn't in line with "current market" values, and i told him there was likely someone who would pay a whole hell of a lot more than i for it - which i'm not surprised happened. hope it gets the love it most certainly deserves.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post

yeah, same here. my offer certainly wasn't in line with "current market" values, and i told him there was likely someone who would pay a whole hell of a lot more than i for it - which i'm not surprised happened. hope it gets the love it most certainly deserves.
            Man, I literally said EXACTLY the same thing.

TBH, I thought it was you who had me beat out.

I would have went to his top dollar offer had the floor boards not been rusted to shit. I am very competent with nuts and bolts, but repairing rust is not my forte. Couldn't bring myself to meet that offer with that in the back of my mind.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

Man, I literally said EXACTLY the same thing.

TBH, I thought it was you who had me beat out.

I would have went to his top dollar offer had the floor boards not been rusted to shit. I am very competent with nuts and bolts, but repairing rust is not my forte. Couldn't bring myself to meet that offer with that in the back of my mind.
              hahahaha. no, not i. already have one M3 that's quickly turning into a restoration. can't do it to two of them. the rust and former collision damage was my biggest hang up for not paying more. genuinely hope to see someone do something cool with it.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

If you are going to sell it, you better mark it up.
                Paynemw
                1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
                the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
                1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Sorry for going silent for a minute. I'm moving for the next few days and am working on organizing everything. I will probably do a for sale ad next week. Happy to answer any other questions.
                  2013 X5D
                  2012 Porsche Cayman R
                  1988 BMW E30 M3 Build thread: M3 Build

Comment

Allright... I committed to selling and posted it on Ebay.... :(

2013 X5D
                    2012 Porsche Cayman R
                    1988 BMW E30 M3 Build thread: M3 Build

Comment

Originally posted by spyderbret View Post
                      Allright... I committed to selling and posted it on Ebay.... :(

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114752098532
                      I wasn't going to buy the car, and I understand your decision, but this still made me sad. I feel that an eBay auction decreases the chances of this going to a loving, enthusiast home pretty significantly. GLWS.
                      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                      X