Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my barn find a 325is or 325i with options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know about US spec, but in Australia the other way to pick a genuine 325is is they came with a black headliner like the M3. No other e30s did here (and it could have been swapped by now of course).

Options fitted were same as mentioned - MT-2 kit, sport seats, m-tech 2 steering wheel and gear knob, LSD, style 5s + black M3 headliner.
    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
      Don't know about US spec, but in Australia the other way to pick a genuine 325is is they came with a black headliner like the M3. No other e30s did here (and it could have been swapped by now of course).

Options fitted were same as mentioned - MT-2 kit, sport seats, m-tech 2 steering wheel and gear knob, LSD, style 5s + black M3 headliner.
      In the US the IS didnt have the black headliner or the MT2 kit. Just a lip for the front valance.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

My 325iS also just says 325i when looking up by the VIN, then lists those options you mentioned plus a few more.
        On the door it says 325iS

Sure sounds like you have a 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
          In the US the IS didnt have the black headliner or the MT2 kit. Just a lip for the front valance.
          Ah OK - so basically a 6 cylinder 318is with some extra goodies. Our 325is was fully loaded with just about every e30 option you could get, the 318is was stripped out with the M42 + the 'is' front lip, rear spoiler & plaid interior.
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post

Ah OK - so basically a 6 cylinder 318is with some extra goodies. Our 325is was fully loaded with just about every e30 option you could get, the 318is was stripped out with the M42 + the 'is' front lip, rear spoiler & plaid interior.
            I suspect that 318is models were strippers everywhere, don't think you could even get a power sunroof in any market, maybe not even leather seats, not sure about audio system differences, but there's also the sound deadening, or lack thereof compared to six cylinder models. So it would seem that the real differentiation in E30s is the equipment sets offered on 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder models.

Comment

The vin tag will specify i or is

That is the truth. It would never say 325i(s)
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

318i- M10 or 4- door M42.
                318is- M42.
                325- lots of cars.
                325e- stroked, high compression 325
                325i- lots of other cars, destroked but over- revved.
                325is- lots of other cars, usually only with 2 doors.
                332i- far beyond anything above.

Barns- if you've EVER been to a working farm, the barn is where you find most of the cowshit. horseshit. bullshit. And rats.

t
                born in a barn
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                X