318is in imperial blue in south korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318is in imperial blue in south korea

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9446.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	10037029 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9450aaa.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	10037033 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9460.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	10037027 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9440a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	10037028
    RHD 1990 318is imported from the UK.
    no ac, m20 flywheel, open diff (how am i going to source a 4.1 lsd here)
    missed my 91' 318is back in the states and paid a filthy premium to bag this thing (korea hates old cars)

glad to be back, gentlemen
    Attached Files

current problems:

coolant temp gauge not working
    needs rear sway bar end links
    left turn signal indicator up front only works intermittently
    needs a proper muffler (not sure what to order for a muffler section that can just get welded on)
    RHD (i got used to it in a few days, may humor a pricey LHD conversion later)
    DRL on one side is much brighter than the other (which i think is contributing to the turn signal issue but not sure)

compression is 165 across the board, 100k miles

Comment

Clean car! Seems like minor things to deal with, and Im sure the lighting issues are related. Id probably start there to knock two items off your list. Rear sway bar links are an easy one too.

As far as the LSD its probably easier to get a LSD installed into your pumpkin as that will be a much better quality item versus sourcing something thats 30 years old and hoping it still locks up, after all the hassle of getting it to you.
      Simon
      Current Car:
      -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
      -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Clean car! Seems like minor things to deal with, and Im sure the lighting issues are related. Id probably start there to knock two items off your list. Rear sway bar links are an easy one too.

As far as the LSD its probably easier to get a LSD installed into your pumpkin as that will be a much better quality item versus sourcing something thats 30 years old and hoping it still locks up, after all the hassle of getting it to you.
        thanks man! appreciate a post by a r3vlimited legend

any LSD retailers that you recommend? racingdiffs.com had some weird spring clutch thingy 'lsd conversion' and reviews suggest that it isn't legit. any thoughts? it's the cheapest and would fit right into my small case

Comment

Working...
        X