(~˘▽˘)~ 1990 RHD Imperialblau 318is in Seoul, SK ヽ( ̄~ ̄ )ノ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(~˘▽˘)~ 1990 RHD Imperialblau 318is in Seoul, SK ヽ( ̄~ ̄ )ノ

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9446.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	10037029 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9450aaa.jpg Views:	356 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	10037033 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9460.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	10037027 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9440a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	10037028
    RHD 1990 318is imported from the UK.
    no ac, m20 flywheel, open diff (how am i going to source a 4.1 lsd here)
    missed my 91' 318is back in the states and paid a filthy premium to bag this thing (korea hates old cars)

glad to be back, gentlemen
    Attached Files
    Last edited by s-thetikz; 02-02-2023, 08:18 AM.

current problems:

coolant temp gauge not working
    needs rear sway bar end links
    left turn signal indicator up front only works intermittently
    needs a proper muffler (not sure what to order for a muffler section that can just get welded on)
    RHD (i got used to it in a few days, may humor a pricey LHD conversion later)
    DRL on one side is much brighter than the other (which i think is contributing to the turn signal issue but not sure)

compression is 165 across the board, 100k miles

Comment

Clean car! Seems like minor things to deal with, and Im sure the lighting issues are related. Id probably start there to knock two items off your list. Rear sway bar links are an easy one too.

As far as the LSD its probably easier to get a LSD installed into your pumpkin as that will be a much better quality item versus sourcing something thats 30 years old and hoping it still locks up, after all the hassle of getting it to you.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Clean car! Seems like minor things to deal with, and Im sure the lighting issues are related. Id probably start there to knock two items off your list. Rear sway bar links are an easy one too.

As far as the LSD its probably easier to get a LSD installed into your pumpkin as that will be a much better quality item versus sourcing something thats 30 years old and hoping it still locks up, after all the hassle of getting it to you.
        thanks man! appreciate a post by a r3vlimited legend

any LSD retailers that you recommend? racingdiffs.com had some weird spring clutch thingy 'lsd conversion' and reviews suggest that it isn't legit. any thoughts? it's the cheapest and would fit right into my small case

Comment

few more pictures from here and there before my next major mods

Comment

Interior & Engine pics?
            15yrs as a Member & still considered
            “A noobie” lol Nice car….!
            CAPP

Comment

Originally posted by s-thetikz View Post
              current problems:

coolant temp gauge not working
              needs rear sway bar end links
              left turn signal indicator up front only works intermittently
              needs a proper muffler (not sure what to order for a muffler section that can just get welded on)
              RHD (i got used to it in a few days, may humor a pricey LHD conversion later)
              DRL on one side is much brighter than the other (which i think is contributing to the turn signal issue but not sure)

compression is 165 across the board, 100k miles
              Fixed:
              coolant temp gauge issue
              turn signal indicator
              picked up a magnaflow 14815, installed this week at some point along with the sway bar end links
              fixed DRL

i have an is lip waiting to go on as well.
              decided i like the ambers better than the clears so they'll be coming off, will probably smoke the clear indicators for a different look later down the line

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-30 162143.png Views:	0 Size:	157.0 KB ID:	10046083
                Originally posted by Cptcarisma View Post
                Interior & Engine pics?
                15yrs as a Member & still considered
                “A noobie” lol Nice car….!
                CAPP
                haha i was fresh outta high school when i joined.. don't remember what for as i didn't end up getting my first e30 until a decade later.

i don't have any decent photoshoot-y pics but i do have a few potato shots (sorry, i'm not very bright and the photo upload format still baffles me):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-30 162236.png Views:	0 Size:	158.2 KB ID:	10046082
                Attached Files

Comment

That is very clean car! looks great!
                  BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
                  www.e30.is

Comment

This thing is nice with a great color combo! Please share more pics! :)

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Hella clean. more pics

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

Originally posted by It's Soda Not Pop View Post
                        Hella clean. more pics
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0753 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	304.6 KB ID:	10078258 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0672 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	231.7 KB ID:	10078257 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0759 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	253.9 KB ID:	10078260 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0751 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	218.1 KB ID:	10078256 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0687.jpg Views:	0 Size:	250.9 KB ID:	10078259​fixed a bunch of stuff and it's back on the road after 4 months.

no ABS with 185 tires makes living on a bigass hill fairly precarious in inclement weather. i found a set of RS001's for 800 bucks with 205 tires so hoping to swap them out for my incomplete rs041s
                        Last edited by s-thetikz; 12-14-2022, 10:34 PM.

Comment

yeah, better tires should be next in line, you're on the right track.

what's the typical weather pattern in korea? think you could get away with a 200 treadwear?

i look forward to having the same kind of "fun", it's supposed to snow this week in western washington and i'm running 225 azenis on e38 style5s.... well, at least my z3 came with a torsen diff and DSC...

i'll help you hunt one of those diffs if you want to (you can get a torsen to match your 4.10 ratio, that's what i ran in my 318ic project) but i cringe to think what it'd cost to send one across the big pond.

anyway, pristine car in and out, good hunting. you can't find 'em like this over here anymore except for $$$$$ on BaT.
                          past:
                          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:
                          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

4.1 gearing is perfect for seoul, nothing past 60-70mph

and the rs001's i just picked up have pretty decent tires, not 200 treadwear but far better than what i have now (goodyear exe)

i'd absolutely love some help on hunting for an LSD. i'm actually going to be in socal from 1/18-1/23 so hopefully i can stuff a medium case 4.1 in my checked baggage? haha.

and are LSD's typically viscous? how do i make happen a torsen?

thanks for the kind words, what sucks is that if someone bashes me, i'm due for the bill because only liability is possible on a car this old.

but rather than just fear it getting smashed and not driving it, trying to take on a fuckit mentality (but pretty sure i'll end up going straight to jail if someone does smash it since my immediate response will be to calmly step out of the wreckage and create a scene of my own)

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            yeah, better tires should be next in line, you're on the right track.

what's the typical weather pattern in korea? think you could get away with a 200 treadwear?

i look forward to having the same kind of "fun", it's supposed to snow this week in western washington and i'm running 225 azenis on e38 style5s.... well, at least my z3 came with a torsen diff and DSC...

i'll help you hunt one of those diffs if you want to (you can get a torsen to match your 4.10 ratio, that's what i ran in my 318ic project) but i cringe to think what it'd cost to send one across the big pond.

anyway, pristine car in and out, good hunting. you can't find 'em like this over here anymore except for $$$$$ on BaT.

Comment

Some Z3 non-M came with Torsens. Basically everything else (Z3M, E36, E30 and older) will be ZF clutch type. Only exception would be the E30 iX viscous LSD.

Might not be much more to retrofit a Quaife/OSGiken/Kaaz unit if you already have to ship a complete diff across the planet.
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                              X