Finally!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vethen
    replied
    Originally posted by Tricked 323i
    Steve is a good friend of mine I will see if I can get you a status. He just has your engine correct?
    Kevin
    He should have my whole car. I had it shipped up to him, and he was rebuilding the engine. The block ,last I was told, was at a different machine shop being drilled. But he could have it back by now, I hope.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tricked 323i
    replied
    Originally posted by Vethen
    Do you think you would be able to get a hold of him? I've had a hard time doing so every time I tried.
    Steve is a good friend of mine I will see if I can get you a status. He just has your engine correct?
    Kevin

    Leave a comment:


  • Vethen
    replied
    Originally posted by Tricked 323i
    It is Steve Haygood in Thomaston and he knows the s38 engines inside and out. Unfortunately he has run into some hard times and I hope he is doing better. OP do you want me to call Steve for you and see where he sits on the progress. I know he took a full time job and is working 60 hours a week as manager at CVS along with working on customers cars. I know when you get the engine back it will be top notch.
    Kevin

    Do you think you would be able to get a hold of him? I've had a hard time doing so every time I tried.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmer_E30
    replied
    Originally posted by e30s52
    Well mine does but I am not so sure about your car.
    can i haz ur V6?

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmer_E30
    replied
    lol at the sig.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tricked 323i
    replied
    Originally posted by dillsnick
    What shop does he work out of? Just a private guy working on it? Just curious...
    It is Steve Haygood in Thomaston and he knows the s38 engines inside and out. Unfortunately he has run into some hard times and I hope he is doing better. OP do you want me to call Steve for you and see where he sits on the progress. I know he took a full time job and is working 60 hours a week as manager at CVS along with working on customers cars. I know when you get the engine back it will be top notch.
    Kevin

    Leave a comment:


  • Vethen
    replied
    He had a actual shop, but the dropping economy hurt him badly and he had to stop taking in new cars and try to finish the last of the ones [including mine] there. But now it seems that isn't enough to keep him from going bankrupt and he's now working at a small store like 7-11 and says I can only get a hold of him after 10pm..

    Leave a comment:


  • Huff
    replied
    Originally posted by Vethen
    Here are the first of the pictures. The camera died right after i took the last one. I'll get new batterys soon.

    Also, The guy working on my M5 is named Steve, in Atlanta Georgia.

    What shop does he work out of? Just a private guy working on it? Just curious...

    Leave a comment:


  • Vethen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mako18
    Is the m5 getting a restore or an engine rebuilt? There are a couple really good machine shops local to you. Collier Machine is one. I deal with hoods in Fort Myers but only will deal with Jimmy I can't handle shop monkeys.
    It's getting the engine rebuilt. And that should be almost done. The block is made and at a shop the guy needs to get it. then just reassemble it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mako18
    replied
    Is the m5 getting a restore or an engine rebuilt? There are a couple really good machine shops local to you. Collier Machine is one. I deal with hoods in Fort Myers but only will deal with Jimmy I can't handle shop monkeys.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThreeTwentyFissel
    replied
    Sounds like excuses one after another!

    Leave a comment:


  • Vethen
    replied
    Originally posted by e30s52
    Pictures of m5? what is it e28,e34?
    It's a e28. And sadly the computer I have most of my pictures on is at my house, [I'm on the laptop now]. So when I get back to town I'll link them

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    Pictures of m5? what is it e28,e34?

    Leave a comment:


  • Vethen
    replied
    Here are the first of the pictures. The camera died right after i took the last one. I'll get new batterys soon.

    Also, The guy working on my M5 is named Steve, in Atlanta Georgia.








    ^^
    I have some extra parts and brake ducts in the trunk,
    More coming soon ...

    Leave a comment:


  • Vethen
    replied
    Originally posted by lcoleman


    It puts sadness in my soul when people like you get to own M cars.:( Perhaps that's why the guy at the shop won't give it back...?
    son
    :stupid:
    That's what I get for getting my son to post for me. Its a inline 6. Also I took pics of the new 318is today, having trouble getting them on my computer. I'll get my son to do it when he gets home.
    Last edited by Vethen; 09-09-2009, 11:21 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...