Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30-LS1: Pics, Short Vid and Buildup CD info!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by garretvs View Post
      The E30-LS1 was featured in the Monday 12-07-09 "Piston Slap" column:

The Truth About Cars is dedicated to providing candid, unbiased automobile reviews and the latest in auto industry news.

Nice props, but it was amazing how the comments went off into the weeds!
      even funnier they are talking about 500whp motors and $16000 engine builds.. apparently they've never heard of an E30 before. lol
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
        signatory*
        Any idea if said fool would allow a fully caged car onto the roads with rally rego?
        - Chris
        Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Rally rego doesn't exist any more mate. And, to make matters worse, no car is allowed on the roads with any kind of full roll cage (one that goes into the front of the cabin). Also not allowed to be welded in, so you can only get a bolt in half cage engineered and there are heaps of other restrictions
          Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog View Post
            Sweet.
            I love the bump of a project thread without any new information.

If you want to sell your CD, put it in the retail forum.
            Our CD contains several times the documentation that other swap CD's (like the M50 swap into the E30, available from other sources) and costs less. In the end you get a 5.7l V8 with twice the torque of any of the M5x swaps. Additionally, the LS1 engine can be very inexpensively hot-rodded with cams, superchargers, etc.
            E30-LS1 aka. 357is
            email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
            E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
            E30LS1@gmail.com
            e30ls1.com

Comment

seriously though, on lets say a highway trip, whats the gas mileage without you romping on the pedal all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                seriously though, on lets say a highway trip, whats the gas mileage without you romping on the pedal all the time?
                I would imagine pretty good as the corvette gets 26mpg or more on the highway.
                Originally posted by z31maniac
                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

I wan't an ls1 now... But it's just not possible to get a 6speed build for under 2k. That T56 is 2k itself damn near. 460le are cool but 6 speeds are the shit.

Comment

Maybe just get friendly with someone who has access to CAD and a 3-axis mill to cut up a custom bellhousing for a Nissan R33 GTS-T or Z32 300ZX 5-speed gearbag. They're very strong, cheap and commonly available.

Plus, they're smaller than the T56 and I doubt VERY much if you'd miss the extra gear with the right diff ratio and a 1200kg E30
                    Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                      I wan't an ls1 now... But it's just not possible to get a 6speed build for under 2k. That T56 is 2k itself damn near. 460le are cool but 6 speeds are the shit.
                      You're in Houston, TX. Land of the F-body. Look hard enough, and you can get a T56 for cheaper.
                      '89 325i track sloot
                      '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

^ both true but I guarantee I've looked hard as shit. I've been trying to get a 6.0 and t56 for my 85 chevy truck. Even though 6spds aren't the best for towing, blah blah. This truck is going to be dropped and dragged.

Comment

Rally rego doesn't exist any more mate. And, to make matters worse, no car is allowed on the roads with any kind of full roll cage (one that goes into the front of the cabin). Also not allowed to be welded in, so you can only get a bolt in half cage engineered and there are heaps of other restrictions

Boy, you guys have some tough rules over there!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dirtysix View Post
                            That's why Steve ( a PE in 3 US States and a Chartered Engineer in the UK ) included FEA results and weld calculations in the engine mounts section of the CD.
                            E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                            email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
                            E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
                            E30LS1@gmail.com
                            e30ls1.com

Comment

Originally posted by dirtysix View Post
                              You guys don't know the half of it...

Originally posted by garretvs View Post
                              That's why Steve ( a PE in 3 US States and a Chartered Engineer in the UK ) included FEA results and weld calculations in the engine mounts section of the CD.
                              and they are MUCH appreciated, mate! If you were closer to me, I'd buy you blokes a beer or 10 for that! haha
                              Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

You guys don't know the half of it...

and they are MUCH appreciated, mate! If you were closer to me, I'd buy you blokes a beer or 10 for that! haha
                                come up for the E30 picnic this year ;)
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X