No announcement yet.

from slowwww to gooooo! my first e30 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't the one that made it 2.0. i was told from the po of the motor ... idk if its true or not. but the car is pretty quick for what it is.. i know that it does have the m20 flywheel conversion for sure. because a friend that i have has a m42 with the dual mass and he drove my car.. he said its a big difference between my car and his.

The post i did was like 2 years ago. and what the po told me.. but i still don't know what it has. and since its my daily i dont want to fuck with it.

but suspension is a must. and Im going towards koni single or double adjustables. with ie3's , I bought rear discs that im going to swap out. and i changed my rims to basketweaves=]
    my project

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=164374

Comment

my project

Comment

Still puzzled by your choice of motor swap.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
          Why?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
          VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Very nice dude! thats the swap im working on right now! Im planning turboing it though :D M42 is where its at! Keep it up man!!
            sigpic

Comment

He wanted to keep the 4 cyl tossability. I can dig a lightly built M42. I kind of want an S14 swapped 18is someday.

Comment

I dunno just don't see why you'd put forth the effort. It's like doing work on a 525i e34, with the m20 in it.... Whattacoughyahoocough

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

I dunno just don't see why you'd put forth the effort. It's like doing work on a 525i e34, with the m20 in it.... Whattacoughyahoocough

its people like you that make us want to do this! (no offense) iv had so many people say its pointless. well when im done with my m42 turbo build lets race :D haha
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, let me know when that's complete.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Well there is no doubt it's more like "from slow to less slow" but you still get the mileage and the tossability of the M42 with a similar power:weight to an M20 car.

Comment

Well, let me know when that's complete.
                        Will do :) it will hold its own :) It wont be the fastest car on here but it will be something i will be very proud of! and it seems like this guy is very proud of his car and what he has done. So everyone to his own. i thought about doing a m50/s52 swap....but thats what everyone does, its to common. there is nothing wrong with that, im sure i'll do one of those swaps someday, but i want to do something that most people don't do. be different.
                        Last edited by e30mybaby; 03-20-2011, 01:31 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30mybaby View Post
                          Very nice dude! thats the swap im working on right now! Im planning turboing it though :D M42 is where its at! Keep it up man!!
                          Thank dude.. I'm planing to do the turbo setup as well.... I was looking at the dynotech build on m42club that looks really awesome... and i want some power like that... And i like the m42 being my DD.
                          The only other reason that i didn't do a m5x/s5x is because I have a 73 trans am that Im building and trying to raise funds for.
                          Its a 455 block with a 280 isky cam,.. the bottom end is complete but i need around 2k to finish the top end. (edelbrock heads,manifold, holley carb, hooker headers) and the list goes on.
                          my project

Comment

Nice man! yeah m42 turbo's are rare! thats why i love them!
                            sigpic

Comment

Fuck the m50, m52 at least, and better yet just do an s50 swap.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

^ now you're talking about $3-4G's or more for a proper swap.

not everyone needs 250HP, and not everyone can spend that much. its obvious that the M42 is an improvement over the M10, and that's the point.

OP, in addition to the IE3's and Koni's, might I suggest E90 drop hats, M3 offset control arm bushings, and cabrio sways?

Comment

Working...
                                X