Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nairb
    replied
    Some revving before/after videos for you all.

Before swap, with OEM dual-mass flywheel (27lb)
    https://youtu.be/b9xYC44qmAg

After swap, with JBRacing aluminium flywheel (11lb)
    https://youtu.be/3lZnzicBP6U

Leave a comment:

• D.Martijn
    replied
    Nice thread and great updates!
    Loving those mudflaps :D

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    nice! I most certainly are going with a lightweight flywheel when the time comes (again). Car is lookin' nice.

Leave a comment:

• Nairb
    replied
    Finally did this over the weekend. Clutch has been getting pretty bad over the last month. Turns out the rear main seal let a little bit of oil into the bell housing and caused the clutch to wear. It was already getting pretty low, so it was time.

Installed:
    JB Racing 11lb aluminum flywheel
    ClutchNet Stage 2 clutch/pressure plate
    Sachs High Performance Throw Out Bearing
    Rear Main Seal
    Pilot bearing
    New Transmission Mounts
    1.3qt Redline D4 ATF

Old:

New:

Some quick exterior shots:
    I have a brand new OEM iS front lip that is primed and ready for paint, with new clips. Have to get it sprayed and mount it.

The new clutch and flywheel combo just feel amazing. Truly woke the car right up. Car spins up fast, and the shifts and super smooth. Going to enjoy driving this throughout the summer.

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    Nice car! Post some recent photos! :D

Leave a comment:

• 325isman
    replied
    Sweet car

Leave a comment:

• Nairb
    replied
    Been a very long time since I've updated. I've been tinkering quite a bit with the e30 in the last few years. Some big things, and a lot of little things.

It was down for about a year while I worked on redoing the entire front end suspension with OEM parts. Being a full-time student and having a big family, in addition to not having a huge income put my build and maintenance to a standstill. I also, unfortunately, lost my front iS lip to a big puddle here in SW FL.

Plus, I was having to maintain my e46 wagon and Suburban, which are my family haulers and daily drivers, so I was not able to dedicate too much money towards the e30.

I'm happy to say that it's now back on the road and driving amazing. In the last year I've replaced:

OEM Ignition Switch
    Lemforder Control Arms
    Lemforder Tie-rods (entire unit)
    Powerflex Control Arm Bushings
    OEM Front Swaybar Bushings
    OEM Front Sway Links
    OEM Timing Chain Tensioner
    OEM Thermostat
    Hella Interior Lights
    Resealed Differential / Royal Purple 75-90 LSD fluid
    Powerflex Differential Bushing
    OEM differential plug/washer
    OEM radiator cap
    OEM Foglight Seals
    Tail Light Bulbs/All sidemarker bulbs replaced
    OEM Air Filter
    OEM Airbox Bushing Mounts
    OEM Antennae Seal Grommet
    OEM Driver Door Switch
    OEM Trunk Light
    Michelin Defender T+H 185/70/r14 Tires

To do:
    Replace axle seals (have part OEM)
    Windshield Cowl Grilles (have part OEM)
    Exhaust Hangers (have part OEM)
    New Exhaust (Supersprint would be lovely.)
    New iS lip - need to paint and install (have part - OEM)

I don't have a ton of pics but this was from last week when the differential work was completed. I have a 4.10 LSD medium-case differential. The car was weighed and it is right at about 2700lbs.

Differential opened up, before being cleaned up.

Final product.

Thanks for looking.

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    these are the nicest quality photos of a guy powerwashing an m42 I've ever seen

neat car!

Leave a comment:

• iwantspeed
    replied
    nice car dude

Leave a comment:

• Dj Buttchug
    replied
    clean job dude

Leave a comment:

• aegul44
    replied
    nice build. Keep it up man

Leave a comment:

• Nairb
    replied
    Quick snap from today. Love this damn car. It's running very well right now. Actually just drove it down near Miami area to check out a car, over 600 miles round trip. Performed flawlessly. I wish it would drive like this forever.

Leave a comment:

• wark
    replied
    Watching! This car is like mine's opposite.

Leave a comment:

• Nairb
    replied
    PICS:

Finally got the other M42 in. A huge thank you to my brother-in-law who helped with the vast majority of the installation.

The engine is running great, even better than before. Did not really experience any problems other than the classic M42 bubble-somewhere-in-the-cooling-system which is more annoying than anything.. just had to keep massaging the lower radiator hose until it was finally spewing out of the top hole of the reservoir. Since the engine had essentially a new OEM clutch, we stuck it in along with the pressure plate. I still have a brand new 11lb JB racing flywheel and a new clutchnet clutch/pressure plate that will be used after this clutch is through, or installed on the other m42 which I will be building into a stroker.

I will definitely be taking some more pictures now that I the e30 is mobile again. It's driving like a dream! Love this car.
    Last edited by Nairb; 10-09-2015, 10:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• animal
    replied
    awesome color!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X