No announcement yet.

Turbo M42. The journey to 300+whp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen this thing IRL, not when it was turbod though. The stance is better in person than pics could ever show. The wheels are actually fucking sweet too. Good work man! Glad to see you got the turbo on.

Comment

thanks for all the comments guys.

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
      Looks nice! glad to see you getting closer to a boosted M42 :). Now you, me, e30guydownunder, and schnitzer all will have running cars...if I wasn't on the wrong side of the country, I'd say a meet would be in order haha.

And I really wish I had low compression/more boost, and a GT-series turbo. I can only imagine what that would be like over my somewhat more home-brew build...

What diff are you running, by the way? I don't really trust the small case diff, and I'm having a hard time putting power down, so I'm in the market for a 3.73 LSD.
      There is a slow growin population of us scattered across the globe :)

To be honest I have NO idea how this thing is going to run. im running a 2.93 lsd medium case, so will see how that goes.

I know for a fact im going to have serious issues getting traction. will see how low boost like 5psi on the stock ecu feels.

Video up finally

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

I have a small case 4.10 with little to no 1st and 2nd gear under boost. I'm switching to a med case 2.93 to help boost sooner and decrease rpm on the freeway with my 16 x 9's :) boosted m42's rock!

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
        Looks nice! glad to see you getting closer to a boosted M42 :). Now you, me, e30guydownunder, and schnitzer all will have running cars...if I wasn't on the wrong side of the country, I'd say a meet would be in order haha.

And I really wish I had low compression/more boost, and a GT-series turbo. I can only imagine what that would be like over my somewhat more home-brew build...

What diff are you running, by the way? I don't really trust the small case diff, and I'm having a hard time putting power down, so I'm in the market for a 3.73 LSD.

Comment

i will one day join the turbo m42 world haha. to all you turbo m42 guys, what is the easiest way to supply oil to the turbo?

Comment

very nice. now we need a video of it driving.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
            my feedback thread

Comment

I tapped into the oil filter canister with a tee, feeds the turbo and gets pressure to my gauge.

Originally posted by dkbmxer002 View Post
              i will one day join the turbo m42 world haha. to all you turbo m42 guys, what is the easiest way to supply oil to the turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by dkbmxer002 View Post

here is where i ran my feed. there are two places to get oil one is here, the other is on the rear of the head. There is an oil port there as well. It is the same size as the one pictured here. this isnt my engine btw

Problem tho. No one in the world makes a 12x1.25 thread fitting(which is the measure of the allen plug) out to a -3 fitting.

Therefore one has to be made. I tig welded a custom fitting to make this work. i can get pics.

I like the tuna here.

Comment

nice, i will probably try to use the factory outlet.

Comment

Nice
                    -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Comment

Just wait until you get a good tune, then the fun begins :) What kind of rpm's you turning with your wheel combo and the 2.93?

There is a slow growin population of us scattered across the globe :)

To be honest I have NO idea how this thing is going to run. im running a 2.93 lsd medium case, so will see how that goes.

I know for a fact im going to have serious issues getting traction. will see how low boost like 5psi on the stock ecu feels.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                        here is where i ran my feed. there are two places to get oil one is here, the other is on the rear of the head. There is an oil port there as well. It is the same size as the one pictured here. this isnt my engine btw

Problem tho. No one in the world makes a 12x1.25 thread fitting(which is the measure of the allen plug) out to a -3 fitting.

Therefore one has to be made. I tig welded a custom fitting to make this work. i can get pics.
                        I did this same deal, with the same size bolt on a 24v VR6. I just used a 12mm banjo fitting with a -3an fitting off that. Worked like a charm. Got it from JEGS.

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
                        2008 VW Rabbit
                        1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by gsxrcop View Post
                          Just wait until you get a good tune, then the fun begins :) What kind of rpm's you turning with your wheel combo and the 2.93?

im turnin like 2500-2600 r3v at bout 80mph on the freeway. 1st 2nd and 3rd are longggg gearsss.

I like the tuna here.

Comment

That is where I would like to be, boost should make up for the longer 123 gears. Mine burns the tires the first three gears under 10 pounds currently.

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                            im turnin like 2500-2600 r3v at bout 80mph on the freeway. 1st 2nd and 3rd are longggg gearsss.

Comment

that thing sounds real nice.

Comment

Originally posted by gsxrcop View Post
                                That is where I would like to be, boost should make up for the longer 123 gears. Mine burns the tires the first three gears under 10 pounds currently.
                                If thats how it is, my 15-18psi idea may have to be toned down a little.

haha... NOT. ;)

I like the tuna here.

Comment

Working...
                                X