X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peteM3power
    replied
    Originally posted by silversleeper
    also, are you fairly happe with the Bilstein sports? I was set on getting those but am now considering the Koni SAs. Whats your opinion after riding with the Bilsteins?
    Overall, I am very impressed with the ride. The combination feels fantastic and the car is quite solid but also quite fine for daily driving as it is by no means bone jarring.

I'm not sure as to how they would compare with Koni SA's but for me, the combination seems great for street and mountain driving and possibly the occaisional track session - also the suspension techniques swaybars help the roll to be reduced immensely as well.

I hope this was helpful and feel free to ask me any more questions that you may have,

Pete

Leave a comment:

• bmwm3n528
    replied
    also, are you fairly happe with the Bilstein sports? I was set on getting those but am now considering the Koni SAs. Whats your opinion after riding with the Bilsteins?
    I love my sports, i'm adjustability of the SAs is fun, I can vouch for that. Not worth the extra cost to me though.

Leave a comment:

• silversleeper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• silversleeper
    replied
    the H&Rs have a slight rake to them, right? it appears that way in some pics. Especially in PeaveyBassist's pics.

Leave a comment:

• peteM3power
    replied
    Originally posted by Stu Mc
    Sure they arn't O.E. Sport springs Pete?
    From what I understand they are definately H&R Sports, I had another side on look at the car just a few hours ago and it already looks lower. I think it will be better after a week or so.

Pete

Leave a comment:

• bmwm3n528
    replied
    Well, mine looked about the same with weaves.

About a day after suspension installed...

Leave a comment:

• Stu Mc
    replied
    Sure they arn't O.E. Sport springs Pete?

Leave a comment:

• peteM3power
    replied
    Does that mean my 325 is gonna sit that high? Makes me reconsider my H&R Sports that are on order. Great looking car though!
    Yeah those pics were taken literally two or three days afterwards though. I am hoping it will still settle some more,

Pete

Leave a comment:

• PeaveyBassist
    replied
    325 sits way lower.

^^^H&R Sports with Bilstein Sports^^^

Will

Leave a comment:

• silversleeper
    replied
    Does that mean my 325 is gonna sit that high? Makes me reconsider my H&R Sports that are on order. Great looking car though!

Leave a comment:

• hamann318is
    replied
    My favorite 318 line.

Leave a comment:

• peteM3power
    replied
    Just thought I'd add a wallpaper for anybody interested.

Let me know what you all think,

Pete

Leave a comment:

• peteM3power
    replied
    Thanks for all of the kind words guys, the car is slowly-slowly coming together and getting closer to just how I like it.

As for the wheels, I was thinking of looking for some Euro 15" weaves or something similar such as Ronals so that I can put some wider and better rubber onto them. And yes, the antenna will be fixed soon. It does go all the way down, it's just struggles sometimes and will be dealt with very soon.

Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts guys, any other ideas or opinions are more than welcome! :D

Pete

Leave a comment:

• Stu Mc
    replied
    Don't rattle can the wheels on that car. If you do, don't mount them. Stick with factory painted wheels on that glorious blue. Sick 318is Pete 8)

Leave a comment:

• e30Matt
    replied
    Originally posted by M42Tecknik
    Originally posted by hamann318is
    One of my favorite 318is's. Keep up the good work!
    Yes.

But too high! But thats my taste. As for the weaves, just paint them gunmetal centers with Duplicolor wheel paint. It would really set off the car.
    And fix the antenna while you're at it. ;)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X