Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Model 323i in Showroom Condition. (New Pics Page 5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wh33lhop
    replied
    You are a brave man--I would not be able to own that car. It makes me happy looking at it though.

Leave a comment:

• EGoman
    replied
    e30 at it's best!

what a car! :)

Leave a comment:

• bp9129
    replied
    Originally posted by evil-diesel View Post

I've had someone offer me 14k (10000EUR) for the car recently... but there's no way in hell that I will be selling it. select cars that are at least 30 years old and in original condition are eligible for historic registration in Germany, this one should have no problem being registered, which will increase the value even more... we'll see what the offers will be like once the car reaches that age an gets that registration (not much longer). But I ended regretting it when I sold my previous e30's, I dont plan on selling this ever... the e30 will keep getting even cooler as time passes...

Smart man. This is truly a dream car. congrats on the find! i really enjoyed the pics

Leave a comment:

• KamakaziX
    replied
    Very cool.

Leave a comment:

• evil-diesel
    replied
    just rehosted the pics... photobucket crapped out on me, sry...

Leave a comment:

• RagtopE30
    replied
    Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
    awe man, pix aren't working for me :( i want to see this awesome goodness!
    +1

Leave a comment:

• nickflic3
    replied
    Awe man, pix aren't working for me :( I want to see this awesome goodness!

Leave a comment:

• evil-diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
    There is actually about a half dozen that made BMW's e30 glass. Sigma, Sekurit, Pilkington, Soliver, obvioustly 'delodur' and there are a couple more.
    good to know, you never stop learning something new..:)

looked at the 1 series aswell when i got the name of the e30 windows, those are still made by pilkington...

Leave a comment:

• Van Westervelt
    replied
    just took a peek inside the garage to make sure... my windows are made by a company named "delodur"... i guess there must be two diff. suppliers then...
    There is actually about a half dozen that made BMW's e30 glass. Sigma, Sekurit, Pilkington, Soliver, obvioustly 'delodur' and there are a couple more.

Leave a comment:

• evil-diesel
    replied
    Agreed! Over a cardinal interior they look awesome too! :)

Yes sir. All ordered straight from BMW itself. The windshields are usually made by Pilkington.

All in for the glass would be about 800-1000. And its only available for early models.
    just took a peek inside the garage to make sure... my windows are made by a company named "delodur"... i guess there must be two diff. suppliers then...

Leave a comment:

• Van Westervelt
    replied
    I love the way the brown windows make the interior look... It's just something you don't see on any other car and it makes the leather look even nicer when looking at it from the outside...

just a heads up, my windows are made by a different manufacturer (can't remember the exact name atm)... are you sure those are factory?
    Agreed! Over a cardinal interior they look awesome too! :)

Yes sir. All ordered straight from BMW itself. The windshields are usually made by Pilkington, and this color is only available for early models.

All in for the glass would be about 800-1000. I worked at the stealership for a while, so I git it much much cheaper.

Here is a link to it. All of it has to be shipped from Germany as it wasnt available in the US.
    Last edited by Van Westervelt; 07-11-2011, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• evil-diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by Heysüß View Post
    my mind is even more blown now, does the full set include front and rear windshields ? and where does one get this and how much is it? thanks
    I love the way the brown windows make the interior look... It's just something you don't see on any other car and it makes the leather look even nicer when looking at it from the outside...

just a heads up, my windows are made by a different manufacturer (can't remember the exact name atm)... are you sure those are factory?

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
    Incredible!

I would seriously consider doing a trip over to the BMW Welt building.,.. drive up and offer them a chance to buy it back (ask for some factory perks, Nurburgring driver's school, free factory tours for life, ect. etc. in return) and see what they say.

I know of one gentleman whom they took it up his offer and he got some pretty neat perks.
    I've had someone offer me 14k (10000EUR) for the car recently... but there's no way in hell that I will be selling it. select cars that are at least 30 years old and in original condition are eligible for historic registration in Germany, this one should have no problem being registered, which will increase the value even more... we'll see what the offers will be like once the car reaches that age an gets that registration (not much longer). But I ended regretting it when I sold my previous e30's, I dont plan on selling this ever... the e30 will keep getting even cooler as time passes...

Leave a comment:

• SkiFree
    replied
    Incredible!

I would seriously consider doing a trip over to the BMW Welt building.,.. drive up and offer them a chance to buy it back (ask for some factory perks, Nurburgring driver's school, free factory tours for life, ect. etc. in return) and see what they say.

I know of one gentleman whom they took it up his offer and he got some pretty neat perks.

Leave a comment:

• Heysüß
    replied
    Love it! That is one of the few cars that deserves to go unmolested. I love the base model features and how nothing has been added for convenience throughout its life!

Congrats!

That is bronze glass, I just ordered a full set for my mtech1 build. No tint, its gold/bronze instead of the green that all US cars got.

/threadjack
    my mind is even more blown now, does the full set include front and rear windshields ? and where does one get this and how much is it? thanks

Leave a comment:

• brutus87
    replied
    Wow!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X