Clear All

• EREKSHUN
    replied
    ^^^

Leave a comment:

• catuned
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
    How about you get-the-fuck over yourself?

The size of a R3V member's e-dick, their e-cred, nor their amount of posts decide who wins COTM. Would you like to know who decides? ME. This is a cool car and so different from the others out there. There will be many more threads to come, hopefully in the future I can choose a car that pleases you.
    DAAAAAMM.. lol someone got told!

Leave a comment:

• MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
    Not to be rude but seriously how do guys decide these things? Why is this guy a member spotlight? This year has had a lot of great COTM's but to finish it off with this is not right. He's not even been on here a year, and has 70 posts. He made a post in members rides with some pictures of the build but didin't even have a build/project thread. I'm not even gonna comment on the swap because it's very controversial but this is not member spotlight/COTM worthy and i'm not even saying that because of the american engine swap.
    How has simon not gotten COTM yet after his meticulous restoration with the most detailed and epic project thread i've ever seen.
    How about you get-the-fuck over yourself?

The size of a R3V member's e-dick, their e-cred, nor their amount of posts decide who wins COTM. Would you like to know who decides? ME. This is a cool car and so different from the others out there. There will be many more threads to come, hopefully in the future I can choose a car that pleases you.

Leave a comment:

• Tron
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wh33lhop
    replied
    Ohhhhh yesssss.

For tires, you don't necessarily have to go super wide, you can go a bit wider and stickier as well. :p

Leave a comment:

• OldDrunkenSailor
    replied
    Thanks, guys!

To answer the most common question: God knows how, but the 215s somehow do in fact stick pretty well. I've broken loose in 1st-3rd but with some practice you can keep it glued to the ground pretty well. After I burn through these I'll have to figure out how big I can go without body modifications.

As per brakes, an Ireland Engineering BBK cost a little over $3k and right now I'd rather put that into a new interior, so dropping ~$300 for crossdrilled rotors and some pads seemed like a pretty good deal. The ABS still works and she stops pretty well. I haven't done a track day so I haven't experienced any fading yet either.

<opinion>
    And @VinniE30, I don't know why I was chosen, but I'm thankful to the mods, this is the first award the car's gotten, actually. I know that I haven't been posting long and I didn't do the most meticulous build page, but aside from whatever controversy you see in the swap, I at least think that it's a pretty cool car and ought at least be in the COTM running. In my mind Car of the Month should focus on a cool car. If someone built a solar-powered E30 in a day and posted it to the forums as a first post, it sounds like a perfectly fine contender to me.
    </opionion>

Leave a comment:

• bmwsone01
    replied
    Man!!! Beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• VinniE30
    replied
    Not to be rude but seriously how do guys decide these things? Why is this guy a member spotlight? This year has had a lot of great COTM's but to finish it off with this is not right. He's not even been on here a year, and has 70 posts. He made a post in members rides with some pictures of the build but didin't even have a build/project thread. I'm not even gonna comment on the swap because it's very controversial but this is not member spotlight/COTM worthy and i'm not even saying that because of the american engine swap.
    How has simon not gotten COTM yet after his meticulous restoration with the most detailed and epic project thread i've ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• ck_taft325is
    replied
    Glad he made COTM. Well worth it and can't wait for updates on his thread.

Leave a comment:

• catuned
    replied
    Aha that's what Im talking about! I know I like it :)
    Good job!

Leave a comment:

• freeride53
    replied
    I do declare suh, that is one bad-ass mofo e30 you have.

Leave a comment:

• MC Hammered
    replied
    That is a super clean LS-1 swap! Your engine bay is immaculate.

It must haul but how are those small brakes holding up?

Leave a comment:

• Constantine
    replied
    very clean, but as other people mentioned, need's some proper brakes ans rim/tire combo.
    Otherwise very good job)

Leave a comment:

• AsharC
    replied
    Plain and simple. Its really nice.

Leave a comment:

• Zacm829
    replied
    Wow, simply incredible!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X