Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New E30 Addict - My 89 Lachssilber 325is (Pictures Fixed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thehemiman
    replied
    Looks like a very clean car. I love the grey leather interior as well.

Leave a comment:

• Tron
    replied
    Sweet ride! Btw your Daughter is adorable.

Leave a comment:

• Vtec?lol
    replied
    Didn't know recaro made baby seats. I'm getting one for my daughter NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Zeemz
    replied
    Originally posted by danielmp View Post
    Zeemz is a lucky man, the interior on this car is so ridiculously clean it looks brand new. Car drives great too, turbine smooth m20 and tight suspension I went to look at it with him when he picked it up and there is not a speck of rust and the underside was pretty pristine. Very jealous and I've called dibs on this in case he gets crazy and goes back to a s2000.

Can't wait to see where you take her over the next couple years. Like that you are stressing maintenance before upgrades. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks for all the help from acquiring her to turning a few wrenches here and there, but more so for answering my endless stream of questions early on. It has definitely been fun.

Leave a comment:

• Zeemz
    replied
    Originally posted by Isostar13 View Post
    I used to live in Arlington. You close by?
    Just a few minutes away. Let me know next time you are back down this way.

Leave a comment:

• danielmp
    replied
    Zeemz is a lucky man, the interior on this car is so ridiculously clean it looks brand new. Car drives great too, turbine smooth m20 and tight suspension I went to look at it with him when he picked it up and there is not a speck of rust and the underside was pretty pristine. Very jealous and I've called dibs on this in case he gets crazy and goes back to a s2000.

Can't wait to see where you take her over the next couple years. Like that you are stressing maintenance before upgrades. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• Isostar13
    replied
    I used to live in Arlington. You close by?
    Last edited by Isostar13; 05-29-2012, 05:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Zeemz
    replied
    Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
    You lucky man, so clean and you are doing it right! Enjoy her.
    Thanks Levent! I was hoping to bring her up to G-Fest, but wasn't able to make it. Hopefully next year.

Leave a comment:

• Zeemz
    replied
    Originally posted by evandael View Post
    the silver on grey is classic German drab!

OP.. consider doing suspension bushings (CABs RTABs and subframe bushings) and driveline mounts next. a full overhaul of those major areas with OEM rubber should be less than $300 and supposedly works wonders! and may I recommend a z3 2.8 shifter and new shifter bushings? again, another low-buck mod that really improves the driving experience.

I love that recaro seat too.. lucky kid!
    I also really like the silver on the grey interior. Silver on Cardinal would be sweeter, but I like the silver on grey over silver on black.

RTAB = Rear Trailing Arm Bushings???

The Z3 1.9 shifter and bushings is also on the short list.
    Last edited by Zeemz; 05-26-2012, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Zeemz
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliche Guevara View Post
    Your first E30? Definitely starting with a good example and you're doing all the right things. If the timing belt and water pump haven't been replaced recently then that should definitely be your next job, but if they have then definitely moar low.

I've seen a couple of those Recaro baby seats, they're awesome and supposedly really hard to find.
    This is my first E30. Suspension is on the list, just want to get through the general maintenance/clean up first and foremost.

In the DC area a couple of store carry the Recaro seats, but I actually bought this one (Recaro ProSport) and the one for my wife's car (Recaro ProRide) on Amazon. Amazon was $70 cheaper than the retail stores, plus free shipping; Amazon Prime FTW. We were Tboned when a lady ran a red light in our X3 when our daughter was 3 months old. Luckily everyone was ok. Who better to make your kids car seat than one of the most trusted racing seat manufactures in the world.
    Last edited by Zeemz; 05-26-2012, 07:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ZM Blue Devil
    replied
    You lucky man, so clean and you are doing it right! Enjoy her.

Leave a comment:

• Zeemz
    replied
    As part of the deal the following maintenance was done just before I picked her up:
    Replaced diff seals
    Changed Diff and Trans fluid
    Replaced Oil pressure relief valve
    Replaced front lower control arm bushings

Within 100 miles before I bought the car:
    Replaced timing belt & tensioner (water pump was replaced last time, I would have done both but this was before I was trying to buy the car)
    Replaced rear transmission mounts
    Used Exhaust was also swapped, old one had a few holes in it
    Last edited by Zeemz; 05-26-2012, 07:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• evandael
    replied
    the silver on grey is classic German drab!

OP.. consider doing suspension bushings (CABs RTABs and subframe bushings) and driveline mounts next. a full overhaul of those major areas with OEM rubber should be less than $300 and supposedly works wonders! and may I recommend a z3 2.8 shifter and new shifter bushings? again, another low-buck mod that really improves the driving experience.

I love that recaro seat too.. lucky kid!

Leave a comment:

• dothadance
    replied
    needs less monotone. silver paint, and grey interior looks kinda weird. but other than that looks good.

Leave a comment:

• Killacortes
    replied
    i love e30's and all but i would LOVE to have an s2000!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X