• Show
Clear All

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Great build! Good work man

Leave a comment:

• NYCDelphin
    replied
    wow... the skill... the confidence.. the thoroughness.... i am impressed.

Leave a comment:

• e30de89
    replied
    Installed new turn signal and wiper switch yesterday along with new ignition switch that came from euro e30 and had to be modded. Also changed spark plugs and coil boots.

Turn signal comes with an extra light that goes into the cluster

Had to take those pins from my old ignition switch and solder into the new one. And also swapped the door buzzer switch from the back of the switch.

Old boots

New stuff came in

Waiting on more parts. Next will replace fpr and rebuild the injectors. Hopefully that helps my rough start problems

Leave a comment:

• e30de89
    replied
    Can someone tell me if their swapped car does fuel prime for 3 seconds when key is in on position?
    Last edited by e30de89; 01-08-2017, 03:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• e30de89
    replied
    I used a soldering iron. And it's all basically plastic welding. The maf is installed into original tube that was cut off of e36 intake box and welded on to e30 box. I also used epoxy putty from pep boys to glue it on the inside

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by e30de89 View Post

Had to have the back of the air box so it clears the alternator

E36 Maf sensor on e30 air box.
    Im halfway through doing this myself, what did you use to adapt the MAF to the airbox? Thats the last piece Im hung up on.

also, what did you use to glue the box back together on the bottom?

Leave a comment:

• e30de89
    replied
    I'm in lynnwood. I was wondering if there were ppl with swapped cars near by to see how their cars runs. My fuel pump or fuel pump relay seems to be acting up. Sometimes it works great. And sometimes it like goes on and off. Or it will just constantly run. This is all before I actually start the car. When it sits for a while it does this and it takes a while to get it fired up.

Leave a comment:

• Den_k321
    replied
    i like the color, where in Seattle area are you?

Leave a comment:

• e30patalohas
    replied
    Really glad you are finding the time to work on this project. It will feel great to actually get this back on the road to be dialed in! Life happens and projects are really never "completed" are they. Looking forward to future updates and an action shot or two. ;D

Leave a comment:

• e30de89
    replied
    Here are a few more pics of what I did

Shade headliner

Leave a comment:

• cbouchez
    replied
    Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• e30de89
    replied
    The project has been down for a while. But lately slowly I've been working on it more. Got the engine to start. It work great at times and sometimes it's rough. As if it has mood swings. So for now I'm changing all the spark plugs /coils etc. seeing if it'll do anything.

Here are a few pics of that I did

Cleaned the icv and got new intake boot with the ivy hose

Had to have the back of the air box so it clears the alternator

E36 Maf sensor on e30 air box.

Also rebuilt the spedo

I'll post more pics a little later. As I did weld the exhaust system and got a little bit of interior together

Leave a comment:

• DrLeadFoot
    replied
    Great work!!

Leave a comment:

• e30de89
    replied
    I'm looking into tig welders. Had a Lincoln mig. And it got jacked. Sucks. Was a nice machine

Leave a comment:

• steve68
    replied
    Got a thread on the M3, looks like mine,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X