New owner ....e30 slow build...:D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New owner ....e30 slow build...:D

Time has come for me to present my new project....i have been wanting to do something like this since i was a kid...
    The car is 316 2 door ... it has brakes and back axle from a 325 and we are starting to gather parts and begin with the build....

Engine is going to be a 2.8 l non vanos with ported head and a zf tranny ... maybe later in the process i am going to buy some dbilas cams ..

I am trying to keep it NA ... we have also some supersprint headers for the engine and software with rev limit of 7200 rpm

Ported head in progress togheter with springs from V8 engine i think ... my mechanic knows his shitt better then i do on bimmers...

Power goals without cams are going to be between 220 230 hp at the flywheel and with cams somewher in the near of 240 250...
    Exhaust i am still thinking of what should i use to make power and not to be loud ... my guess was 328 e36 metal cats after the headers and then a catback one pipe only from 318 is something aftermarket...or should i buy some catback with dual pipes all the way to the back...i dont like drone and dont want it to be very loud just sporty....
    Suspension vise i was trying to get bilstein b12 pro kit with eibach springs but its 8 weeks delivery...so now i am ordering koni yellow with GM springs 60 40 mm drop and adjustable fronts ...no photos from the suspension yet...chime in guys with some suspension photos and 15 inch rimes if you can...thanks
    Wheels i have got some Azev 7x15 with et 25 and some 15 mm spacers today .... as for tires i think i am going with 205 50 allround and getting some kumho xs ...
    Later in this summer i am probably going to get another set of wheels maybe ATS DTC ... they are very light 8x15 ...or if the car looks bad with 15 inch rims upgrade to some 16 inch ....we will see...:D

For now the car has stock brakes but new...will see how that turns out if not i am trying to find some solutions like e39 brakes 288 mm with e36 calipers and adapters or maybe fiat coupe turbo brakes wich are brembos 300 mm but i dont think they will fit my current rims...
    I am going to use the car as a daily driver in the summer and maybe in the winter i am not sure on that one yet...and trying to get with the car to the track ...salzburgring is 18 km away from me and next summer to the Nurburgring....

Thats all for now .... cheers Sasha
Working...
X