Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Driver s52 Sedan. The Silberbullet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mAn
    replied
    Ive heard the E34 airbox works, I think my friend might still have one. He was going to give it to me for my swap, but I have a 540i MAF now so it wont work anymore...

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Finally got to putting some parts on this week. Also pulled my cluster to replace with a known wiring one. Turns out I got a bad cluster from a member on here. Oh well I guess hopefully we can work something out. I have some pictures of progress followed by questions.

Here is my cluster reinstalled with a few changes. Getting ready to install cruise control on the car.

Here is the zm3 antenna mod with a s2k honda antenna on top.

And I added the rear premium speakers, will be doing the fronts with door tweeters this summer.

Next up will be fixing my VANOS and sending my ECU out to have my secondary air pumps actually turned off this time. I am wondering if anyone with a 24v swap has used a stock air box with any success. I like the idea of buying new ~ $20 Paper filters whenever I please rather than dealing with this K&N. Here is my set up and how much room I have, I'm thinking maybe a m30 air box..

I know the bay needs a cleaning, she will get one for the next show she goes to. More to come hopefully soon.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    UPDATE:

Just ordered all the parts for fixing my VANOS. I will be doing this when I get home in May. I also ordered some other goodies. I want to get my car to where I don't have much to complain about come August, as eel as hit some car shows this summer. I think I need a new more OEM+ set of shoes for this car. Maybe style 5s, or 4s. Or something else. More to come.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Ksjdan I used the e36 slave cylinder, the stock e30 line with some careful bending reaching and the threads matched up.

Little update 4/2/14

I have begun ordering parts for what I want to accomplish in the beginning of the summer, and then will do more as summer progresses. Here are the first two parts to arrive.

A set of premium speakers. And a gas cap to replace my broken one. Pics for fun.

I have some other interior ideas planned, a few stereo options added. And some engine work to go a little quicker.

Thanks for reading.

Leave a comment:

• ngampleh
    replied
    ^^
    some Indo chillin here yo..
    @OP, great build keep it up Sir

Leave a comment:

• anrisiregar
    replied
    Woow... Great build thread.. also awesome because basic car is 100% same as mine, 1990 318i with M42 engine on it.
    I've planned to implant the M52 engine also after the body restoration.
    Currently it's been a lil bit rusty in some parts and got damage in body.

here it is..:

Last edited by anrisiregar; 01-20-2014, 08:31 AM. Reason: add pic

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    I will be getting those mounts when money allows/or my mounts fail. Hopefully if they fail nothing severe goes wrong.

Keyless entry hopefully this weekend. Anyone here have any luck with GE keyless?

Leave a comment:

• surebimmer
    replied
    I would recommend the AKG swap mounts as well. Had my swap for a long time now and broke a few sets of green e28 mounts and deformed IE ploy yellow mounts.

Last edited by surebimmer; 12-16-2013, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    I got the harness all cleaned up, very happy with how it looks. Here is a photo.

And starting to figure out my cup holder situation.. more to come on this when parts come in.

Take care. Stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Home for christmas, hoping to get a few things done to the car. First off I finally got my ASC fully deleted. And I will be putting in the m3 firewall cover tomorrow I hope. I have some exhaust work to do, may have a shop do it to make sure its perfect this time. Here are some pictures.

m3 Firewall cover

More to come, maybe some cup holders in the future.. Happy holidays!

Leave a comment:

• DesertBMW
    replied
    Originally posted by ksjdan View Post
    In my opinion, 24v swap is a better option than force induction. It'll be just as much work rebuilding a m20 (maybe a little less), but the turbo increases the volatility of a engine failure. Minus the VANOS, I think the m52/s52 are reliable.
    I agree with this totally. The M52 engines are cheap now, very reliable, easy to install, have plenty of power, increases the value of your E30, looks cleaner than M20 in E30 bay, people who don't know E30 think 24v is the stock engine because it looks so clean and tight fit.

Leave a comment:

• ksjdan
    replied
    Hey I was reading some of the previous comments, and thought of a quick question to ask you concerning slave cylinders. I dont know which route you went for tranny, but if you go with a e36 m3 trans, do you use the e36 m3 slave or e30?

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if I should have followed this route instead of turbo. Looks awesome! Maybe I will go this route when I get another E30.
    In my opinion, 24v swap is a better option than force induction. It'll be just as much work rebuilding a m20 (maybe a little less), but the turbo increases the volatility of a engine failure. Minus the VANOS, I think the m52/s52 are reliable.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    UPDATE: 11/28/13

Between family breakfast and dinner today I managed to spend some time on my car today. I got the new glove box installed I picked up, also installed Houndstooth door panels on the interior. As well I now have a cigarette lighter rather than an empty hole. Pictures to come soon.

I have a non-ASC intake boot ordered, a new antenna grommet so I can install a functioning antenna, and a M3 harness cover for the passenger side. Trying to get this car more completed.

Leave a comment:

• redsubdivisions
    replied
    Sometimes I wonder if I should have followed this route instead of turbo. Looks awesome! Maybe I will go this route when I get another E30.

Leave a comment:

• Dylanhat
    replied
    Looks great

Leave a comment:

Working...
X