Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Driver s52 Sedan. The Silberbullet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30stan
    replied
    cool build!
    If this is a 318is, You will need a 6cylinder speedometer coding plug, otherwise the revs will go all the way around to around 7 o clock!

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    UPDATE:

Interior is almost complete.

I got my 3.25LSD diff installed today, and shipped my harness and ECU to Dave at Markert Motor Works yesterday. I hope to have the motor in the car waiting for arrival of wiring and ECU by the end of this weekend as I am still waiting on motor bracket arms.

Can anyone confirm if I need a 325i gauge cluster plug to have my tach work with the swap, I read somewhere I did. Any info would be great! But Im not sure if anyone is following my build really..

Hope everyone had a good weekend, I went to the old school reunion meet and it was AWESOME.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    I just searched for the Alpinas, and they are awesome. A little high on my price range, hoping to pick up a set of wheels around $800. But I think I will be contacting him as those are very OEM+ looking.

Here are pictures of my front sport seats, I found a passenger seat local to me and picked that up, then proceeded to tear apart the other two seats I had to make a clean drivers one. It was a fun process and i am happy with the out come. I will begin the leatherique restoration this afternoon.

And a picture of all the left overs, I could rebuild another seat but it would be rough condition so I probably will not.

And here is the COUPE carpet installed into my SEDAN and it does in fact fit perfectly. The only thing i have to say is the second smaller rear piece may be a tiny bit different but currently I have a rear coupe bottom bench anyways so this will work great.

Thanks for looking.. and sorry for only iPhone photos. i got a new iPhone 5 and like using it. I should really start using my sony camera though.

Motor should go in by end of week, hoping to start hearing back from DesertBMW about my ECU tuning so i can get that underway.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Theres some 15" staggered Alpinas on craigslist right now

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Got some more work done last night, will add pictures later today with some more details.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Also anyone have some wheel suggestions? Style 5s and adapters sold. Looking to go with a BMW classic looking wheel. 15x8 im hoping. and 4x100 this time.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Bump for some help guys.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    UPDATE 6/2/2013:

I picked up my carpet today, it is a coupe interior. It is in really good condition. Only has one small hole. I will be cleaning it and installing it tomorrow. Can not decide if I should pull the heater to put it in or just cut it a little bit.

I got my stereo and sub fully wired and working. Sounds really good, I want to do the premium rear speakers and the little tweeters in the front doors at some point.

My euro clock pigtail wired up.

Im going to try and wire my keyless entry up tomorrow. Here is the diagram it gave me for wiring. A little confused on what the white wires go to. Dont know where the white/black goes either.

Also the trunk wont actually pop open will it?

And the green goes to window negative output... for what?

I havent checked yet but the previous owner says the driver door does not lock/unlock the car.. only the passenger and trunk. So does this mean if I wire in the system behind that speaker cover on the driver side it will not function?
    Thats all for now. Hope everyone has had a good weekend!
    Last edited by Link; 06-02-2013, 10:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 36brua
    replied
    Originally posted by Link View Post
    I know "how to modify it". I am confused on what hose drains into the dipstick once modified. My motor had a funky dipstick installed just to show me the motor run.
    you're OBD2 right ?
    This is as much as i know I'm in Calif and used all obd1 on swap

hose 6

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    I know "how to modify it". I am confused on what hose drains into the dipstick once modified. My motor had a funky dipstick installed just to show me the motor run.

Leave a comment:

• 36brua
    replied
    one way to do dip stick mod engine build starts on p 19

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    UPDATE 5/31/13: So today I spent some time in the garage. I got the e34 oil pan swapper over.

Motor Shot:

I am still unsure what the mod I have to do to the dip stick is.. I know I wend on another port for something to drain into it. But what is draining? Oil from the intake correct? Any photos of this?

Here is the wire set up for my antenna currently. I am guessing the black in suppose to run to a 12v source, but where would the other end of the white go?..

Thanks for looking everyone. Im really getting excited to drop this motor in. My brother is a diesel mechanic and has done a great amount of wiring. He is going to help connect the harnesses with me. His plan is to place the motor in the car and then trace wires and connect everything. What are your guys's thoughts on that process? Sounds difficult to me.

Leave a comment:

• ST1G
    replied
    This is a great build mate, sorry I don't really have anything to add. I will hopefully be doing this some day.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    I am wiring in my stereo into my 1991 e30 318i which currently had no stereo. I have the thing wired in all good, but the blue/white wire from me stereo goes to a blue wire that is "amp power/control". I have no wire for the antenna on the stereo side. How do I fix this?

Or can I just plug the big needle prong thing into the stereo and have a switch on the white e30 antenna wire to have it go up and down?

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    So I have sold my tires off my wheels, and am now thinking I will be selling the style 5s and adapters because I do not want my rim to poke at all, as I plan to run 225 on all four corners. Anyone have some wheel suggestions? Id like to stick with a BMW wheel, so maybe keep the adapters and find a better offset wheel for what I want so I can stay 5x120. Open to all thoughts.

And Austin I will look at the two cables you speak of and hopefully understand what you mean. (IDK why I would not understand).

EDIT: I just looked at the cables Austin spoke of and i think I know what to do. I will be taking the m42 cable that runs from the starter to the battery terminal in the engine bay located above the battery tray and using that instead of the s52 cable that does the same thing.

EDITT: So upon farther digging when I went to pull the m42 cable from the starter to the battery terminal there is a "T" in the cable running to the alternator. Should I just snip off that side and shrink wrap it? Or cut the "T" out and run a butt connector? Kind of lost on this.
    Last edited by Link; 05-30-2013, 07:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X