Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Driver s52 Sedan. The Silberbullet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ClausE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Link View Post
    Would this work?
    Nope..

can I run a M-Tech II airbag steering wheel
    I can't recall, but I'm almost positive there is no Mtech2 airbag steering wheel that fits an e30.. Maybe an e36 but it won't work for an e30.

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    I can get you whatever swap parts you need as well as a harness :P

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Would this work? I would just need to make an extra cut. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Brake-Pe...80645171649%26

I just had a thought, sense my car is an airbag car.. can I run a M-Tech II airbag steering wheel and have the airbag system still work with the front crash sensors. The car currently has the whole airbag system except the little white pin and spring.
    Last edited by Link; 05-22-2013, 10:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Pelican takes 3 weeks to get it, I need it in like 1 im hoping. And no good junk yards near me.

Leave a comment:

• ClausE30
    replied
    The clevis is like 10bucks on pelican I think.. Or go rip one out of a junkyard, guarantee It will be there

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Hey check out my want to buy thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...76#post3729476

Looking for a brake clevis - 35-21-1-154-097-BOE

Will pay $20 shipped to 98292

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    So I just went to swap my 3.25 lsd in my car, and had to swap the e30 diff cover for that to happen....... well the diff cover in my 1991 318i is smaller than the 3.25 lsd. So I believe when I locate the correct diff cover it will still bolt in. Can anyone confirm this? Because arent all late model e30s the big diff?

Leave a comment:

• ClausE30
    replied
    Goodluck with swap, I'm currently installing my obd2 s52 now. Besides the obd2 wiring feel free to pm me if you got swap questions..It's not hard tho to find all the info with a little time spent researching

Leave a comment:

• evandael
    replied
    motor mount part numbers:

right: 11811138249
    left: 11811141137

learn to love realoem.com! (it's nearly always correct)

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    UPDATE Problem:

I got my motor from a wrecked car and both the motor mount arms were broken, I have been ordering through Pelicanparts but they do not seem to carry the mount arms, does anyone have a part number for them? Thanks! And still working through the wiring while waiting for parts, will be putting the 3.25LSD in my car this evening most likely.

Also I am going to ordering a new driveshaft center support bearing as mine was totally shot after 263k miles, I will be using the m3 driveshaft, but I still need a 318i e30 center support bearing correct?

Leave a comment:

• evandael
    replied
    And a photo of the plugs I am confused about. One must be the x20 im thinking. But the other two?

one is the x20, as you surmised. the second smaller one, with 9 pins (or thereabouts) is the x6031, which contains mostly emissions equipment but also the VSS signal (pin 3.. although some people get the VSS from x20pin9), and the one with the least pins is x6011.

spend time with the ETMs. i know it's daunting at first, but eventually it becomes very easy to read.

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    OBD1 is even harder to start up - it has no check engine light code scanner to tell you what exact items are wrong.
    Having OBD2 allows one to plug in a bluetooth OBD2 port and diagnose the car while running with your smartphone; Torque application is incredibly helpful when you have issues with any sensor - OBD1 harness is designed to allow one to mix up plugs - crank position sensor plugs right into the oil pan level. Quite a bear if you are trying to figure out why the engine will not start!

S52 is much better ran in OBD2 original form; even the OBD2 intake manifold with small diameter runners is preferred if you BMW factory OEM driving car with matching low end grunt.

these pedestrian single throttle engines are terrible on top end RPM's compared to the Individual throttle engines built by BMW to be high rpm mills. Pointless to stress it out when the gains are really minimal.

I race a e30 24v+ obd1 converted OBD2 engine + m50 manifold with a few different chipsets (we have 3 spare DME's all with different chips) every bolt on possible is installed as its a full race only car.
    bimmerworld TB with 3.5" maf + 21.5lb injectors, Dinan Big bore throttle. Turner and TRM chips.....)

I Daily drive a 98 M3 with 100% original S52; recent built head.

i'll take the original BMW setup complete with original M52 intake manifold and original 3" afm/ OEM S52 dme any day over the franken managed item with hella mods. its not even close :)
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 05-21-2013, 12:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CrisMac
    replied
    +1 for Dave, have heard awesome things and plan on having him doing my harness for my S52 sedan as well.

Sent from my android, jk **** android.

Leave a comment:

• 36brua
    replied
    I do not plan to switch to OBD1, I just do not see the point to do all the extra work to make it "easier". I saw this motor run in the totaled car, all I have to do is set it up the same way in my car, I just plan to delete some useless systems off of it.

More on topic I would love someone to point me in the answer to these questions.

And is a e36 bentley the best manual out there for the car? I have one for my e30 and it is great.
    you might try contacting Dave Markert for some help/ direction ( 328ijunkie) he is a proponent of OBD2 installs He also works with TRM for ecu work
    TRUE Automotive offers expert auto repair services with several locations in Decatur, Lawrenceville, Marietta, Atlanta, Suwanee, & Woodstock.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    I do not plan to switch to OBD1, I just do not see the point to do all the extra work to make it "easier". I saw this motor run in the totaled car, all I have to do is set it up the same way in my car, I just plan to delete some useless systems off of it.

More on topic I would love someone to point me in the answer to these questions.

And is a e36 bentley the best manual out there for the car? I have one for my e30 and it is great.
    Last edited by Link; 05-20-2013, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X