Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Driver s52 Sedan. The Silberbullet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• berlow94
    replied
    For one thing, just about all of these questions would be answered if it were OBD1. Selling what you got for all OBD1 **** would probably pay for itself.
    Maybe not just from a wiring standpoint, but from a 'why won't it start' point of view, OBD 1 is simpler.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    UPDATE:

Here is a picture of the s52.

A picture of the 3.25LSD soon to be installed.

And a photo of the plugs I am confused about. One must be the x20 im thinking. But the other two?

And the body side of the m3.

Can someone identify all 3 plugs?

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    I hear all the names of places to tune my DME but no contact info can be found when I search, and DesertBMW does not reply through here. I have already tried. You have contact for them? And Austin OBD1 is just more money. I already have a complete OBD2 engine, why change it?

I am curious what people think I still need from the m3, like the engine side connectors for any reason? And do I want the OBD2 plug from inside the cab under the steering column?

And any big maintenance items I should address on a well maintained s52? Water pump, timing chain/belt, anything like that?

Leave a comment:

• evandael
    replied
    Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Go OBD1, it will make things much more simple.

no! no no no!

Link, there is a ton of info regarding OBD2 swaps. cjdontthink (now craiggroves92 or similar) made a very comprehensive thread, along with the 'official OBD1 vs. OBD2 argument' thread, and it's not any more difficult to wire in.

TRM, Technica, Markert Motorworks, DesertBMW, Evolve Motorsports, and more can flash/tune the OBD2 DME.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Go OBD1, it will make things much more simple.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    I think I will keep it then, I am planning to run the car as stock as possible for simplicity. I am keeping it OBDII, but I do plant to have some emissions **** deleted and EWS also. Still cant find anyone who can tune my ECU though.

Leave a comment:

• Varinn
    replied
    That little fuel pump thing is the "running loss valve", I don't know exactly what it does but I do know that it contains your fuel pressure regulator. There ARE ways around using it such as OBD1 fuel rails or some other sneaky OBD2 fuel rails that have the FPR integrated like OBD1 setups. Since you have that valve, I believe it's easier to keep it.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    UPDATE 5/19/13: Got the s52 pulled today, will be posting pictures tomorrow. I pulled the motor and everything attached to it. I also pulled the little fuel pump thing that was on the car down below the brake booster on the under carriage, can anyone confirm that I needed that pump? Also there were 3 plugs over by the fuse box that all unscrewed, I only took the engine sides of them, will I need to go back and pull the other sides as well, pretty sure they are attached to the fuse box. Any other comments welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Thanks! And Austin do you have an email or website for TRM?

Leave a comment:

• Blubayou13
    replied
    Nice build! God Speed!

Leave a comment:

• RoadHazard
    replied
    Originally posted by Link View Post
    Im still confused on this diagram:

snip

On c101 pin # 20, what is the engine side function because at the split there are so many functions. I can see the body side function is the ABS Hydraulic Unit.
    That line is a power feed which is turned on by the DME. That's why it connects to several parts. The ABS units are among those parts who utilize this feed.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Yes, use your manual 97-99 E36 4 bolt driveline. Use e30 csb.

Have TRM flash your DME.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    So I have a good amount of parts in the mail. I think its e34 oil pan set up, coolant sensor, brake clevis, e34 throttle cable, tranny mounts, and that might be it.

A few questions:
    If I am using an e30 rear diff, will the m3 driveline be a bolt in? I just change the center support bearing to an e30 right?
    Also who have you guys used for tuning your DME for an OBDII swap? Im looking to have some stuff deleted off of it.
    And finally still trying to figure out wiring. It is very confusing, but I really want to do it myself.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Well at the end of another night reading about wiring this is what I have for the c101 pin out a on 1991 318i

Let me know what you think, and where to find the other ones. I can't decide if I can use the one Austin gave me because it says I have a blank wire where in fact I do not.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Im still confused on this diagram:

On c101 pin # 20, what is the engine side function because at the split there are so many functions. I can see the body side function is the ABS Hydraulic Unit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X